Author Topic: Pittsburg  (Read 3086 times)

Offline Stinkbait81

• IceShanty Rookie
Pittsburg
« on: Mar 09, 2020, 12:28 PM »
Was up in the Great North Woods on Friday and Saturday this past weekend.  We fished the First Lake.  Conditions on ice were perfect for travel.  A little crust of snow was all we found.  Very easy to walk around.  That may change with todays weather though.  There was a lot of water filling the holes before we broke thru on the bottom so with this heat it may slush up quite a bit.  As for the fishing, it was our slowest trip in the past few years.  We ended up with 7 lakers and a cusk on Friday.  Saturday was even slower with just 2 lake trout coming out of the holes for us.  It was by far the busiest I have ever seen that lake.  A lot of different groups out fishing.  I don't believe anybody was lighting it up out there which made me feel a little better about what we were doing.  It was still a great time with my buds.  The food was great, hot off the grill and the beers were all cold. The gear is put away, hopefully I will get more use out of it next year.  Thank you all for welcoming me to this site and for offering advice.  Still haven't got one on the jig rod so I suppose I will have to try again next year.  Good luck to those of you still fishing this winter, stay safe.  I'll be working on projects at the house until the trolling season starts.

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Pittsburg
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2020, 12:56 PM »
Nice report stink!

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2020, 03:25 PM »
Great report, I appreciate it.  I'm considering another run north this weekend.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2020, 03:31 PM »
Congrats on a successful trip!
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2020, 03:53 PM »
Nice work Stink! Your jig rod laker will come. Something to look forward to next season.
Just add water.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2020, 04:51 PM »
Awesome sounds like a great trip.

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2020, 04:53 PM »
Nice report... :tipup:
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2020, 04:53 PM »
Nice report, thanks for sharing.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline ctownfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2020, 09:31 PM »
Thanks for the report. Ill be up in Pittsburg this weekend.  Will give an ice report upon our return. Lakers beware!

Flags up!
Ctown

Ps:beef tacos for lunch if anyone wants to come by and say hello. Double cheeseburger picture for attention.  It was cooked on ice.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Mar 13, 2020, 04:56 AM »
Yum!
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 13, 2020, 08:47 AM »
looks fantastic might take a ride up this weekend. seeing the end of the world is coming and everything is getting canceled no kids sports might get 1 more weekend in i'll grab 87 rolls of toilet paper i have stockpiled and 27 gallons of hand sanitizer meet you there :roflmao: :thumbsup:
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline ctownfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Mar 15, 2020, 04:18 PM »
Well some days you get the trout, yesterday the trout got us. We fished lake Francis 7am-4pm. Jigged 40-60fow for lakers all day.  Had marks but, no takers. One flag at end of the day was a dud. We also had 12 cusk traps in without a fish. Wind was a little gusty at a steady 20-25. We had 12-14" black ice with 6-8" of white on top. Maybe next year will be more fruitful. Any day on the ice is a good day.

Flags up!
Ctown

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 15, 2020, 06:08 PM »
Well some days you get the trout, yesterday the trout got us. We fished lake Francis 7am-4pm. Jigged 40-60fow for lakers all day.  Had marks but, no takers. One flag at end of the day was a dud. We also had 12 cusk traps in without a fish. Wind was a little gusty at a steady 20-25. We had 12-14" black ice with 6-8" of white on top. Maybe next year will be more fruitful. Any day on the ice is a good day.

Flags up!
Ctown

Sounds like you gave it hell! Hard to beat time spent up that way even if it’s not fishy.

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
« Reply #13 on: Mar 16, 2020, 09:49 AM »
Dave I'm sure although no fish on the ice. You must have eaten well. We hit the Champ. on last time. Ice going quick there
Flags up!
Ctown

Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.