Author Topic: New Trial  (Read 8914 times)

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New Trial
« Reply #30 on: Mar 13, 2020, 07:28 PM »
Sucks but they would be worthless here in Michigan.  Here we "must" remain in "line of sight" from tip-ups, so that they can be visually monitored and quickly attended.  I know of a person who got a ticket for watching his tip-up out of his cabin window.  The DNR officer said he wasn't attending to them even though he could see them.  But then it is against the law to clean and throw fish entrails into the water too!  Crazy that you can't do that but you can gut a deer and leave the guts laying on the ground.  Pretty sure a deer has a bigger gut pile then a fish!!!  Before anyone starts, I'm pretty sure there are enough scavengers eating in the water to do away with fish guts.  Have you ever seen the amount of sea gulls at a McDonalds?  Putting fish entrails into the water might keep them on the lake, lol!!!

Only useless if you want them to be,they are  invaluable when looking directly into the sun..also quite useful at night..open your mind and a whole new world is within your grasp.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Apr 15, 2020, 07:13 PM »
I was watching a YouTube video of these guys in Maine who flew into a remote pond to ice fish...I’m not sure if these are the same things but they had a trigger on their tip ups with a remote system which signaled back to them when the flag tripped and which tip up it was...wonder if these are the same or not similar product  ???   they were cool especially if you set your traps far apart and can’t see them

This is the video of those sensors...pretty cool. They don’t talk to much bout them

This guys you tube channel is cool.  I looked up those sensors.  109 for a controller and sensor, 99 per sensor, 199 for a 3 pack of sensors.  Expensive but the range on these in his videos is incredible.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Apr 16, 2020, 02:31 PM »
Thanks for posting that video. That was honesty one of the coolest ice fishing videos I've seen.  The sheer excitement of that guy rooting for his dad and gow they reacted when the fish flashed the hole. Makes me smile.  Thats what its all about right there. Thanks.
Salmonemia

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Apr 16, 2020, 09:11 PM »
Thanks for posting that video. That was honesty one of the coolest ice fishing videos I've seen.  The sheer excitement of that guy rooting for his dad and gow they reacted when the fish flashed the hole. Makes me smile.  Thats what its all about right there. Thanks.

I watched a bunch of them this past weekend and at night.  Pretty awesome videos.  I recommend it.  Thanks for sharing.  I used to a lot of remote brookie fishing in Maine before kids.  I really got the fever for it again after watching his videos.  I used to go way up for a few weeks at a time with the canoe.  I'm pretty close to the Maine boarder.  Once this crap blows by I am going to check out Maine in striking distance.  My usual Brown trip to Ontario is off because of this and now the derby so I will be ready.

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Apr 16, 2020, 09:13 PM »
I also saw on another state shanty page that Roccus is using the Vulture.  I would be really interested to hear his input.  I think I am going to pull the trigger.  I have tried a bunch of alarms from my hardside and this seems like the ticket.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Nov 22, 2020, 06:48 PM »
I also saw on another state shanty page that Roccus is using the Vulture.  I would be really interested to hear his input.  I think I am going to pull the trigger.  I have tried a bunch of alarms from my hardside and this seems like the ticket.

These things work as good as advertised, as I said before, nice tool to add for fishing from a shack or set up looking into the sun.,they are not cheap, but are well made and work every time, the strobe light is highly visible even in bright light..I fished the whole time I had them on the original batteris.
I had a set of strike sensor transmitters that I trialed, they were unreliable and only good about 100 feet..the vultures are good farther than you can see.

Offline DrummerManDrew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Nov 22, 2020, 07:40 PM »
I think it’s a cool idea but at the same time I feel like we should be able to work with the mechanical side of our gear without getting it too complex. I get the cameras and the flasher are just a part of the tech out there, but this seems like if it goes further... we’ll be able to sit in an ice shack and activate an automatic retrieve on a tip up with blue tooth function from our phones... I’m just saying, maybe some things don’t need more tech, like reeling in a fish over looking at another device that “do we really need”

Great work on getting the hook up... I also agree about the trial title... a story about getting arrested would be more of an interest ! Lol
Be well and DO Good Work!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Nov 22, 2020, 07:52 PM »
I think it’s a cool idea but at the same time I feel like we should be able to work with the mechanical side of our gear without getting it too complex. I get the cameras and the flasher are just a part of the tech out there, but this seems like if it goes further... we’ll be able to sit in an ice shack and activate an automatic retrieve on a tip up with blue tooth function from our phones... I’m just saying, maybe some things don’t need more tech, like reeling in a fish over looking at another device that “do we really need”

Great work on getting the hook up... I also agree about the trial title... a story about getting arrested would be more of an interest ! Lol
Ice fishing can be the most primal of any method, all that is needed is a knowledge of fish and game laws, a licence, a means to make a hole in the ice, a means to attract and catch a fish.. that being said, there is a reason some anglers are more successful than most.. I'm just sayin"

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #38 on: Nov 23, 2020, 10:48 AM »
I don't know Drew, for me I enjoy the tech part of ice fishing.  I've been so bored lately waiting to fish, I'm engineering a greenstick and a hydraulic reel on the back of my wheelhouse.   I just want to yell  "Bang, goes the breaka!"

Also wouldn't mind pulling a bluefin through the ice but may have to consider changing fishing locations.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline DrummerManDrew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Nov 23, 2020, 05:21 PM »
I don't know Drew, for me I enjoy the tech part of ice fishing.  I've been so bored lately waiting to fish, I'm engineering a greenstick and a hydraulic reel on the back of my wheelhouse.   I just want to yell  "Bang, goes the breaka!"

Also wouldn't mind pulling a bluefin through the ice but may have to consider changing fishing locations.

Ha Ha Ha... Ill be a good observer from now on ;D... I just think somethings may be better utilized without the tech support.
Be well and DO Good Work!

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Nov 23, 2020, 07:07 PM »
I'm engineering a greenstick and a hydraulic reel on the back of my wheelhouse.   I just want to yell  "Bang, goes the breaka!"
:roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Nov 24, 2020, 05:54 AM »
Ha Ha Ha... Ill be a good observer from now on ;D... I just think somethings may be better utilized without the tech support.

You are more than welcome to your opinion and. I respect it, if you want to ice fish with dog sled,cut all your holes with a chisel, use a willow branch and  use deer intestin for line.,fashion A  hook from a piece of bone.that's awesome.. you also need to respect others that use technology to make them more efficient,safer and possibly even more humane.

Back to subject,another feature of this sensor is the flash light feature,by holding down the corresponding button for 5 seconds, the 5 led white poling lights stay lit,great for checking bait while night fishing,speaking of the poling light, by pressing a button that corresponds with each sensor, a ALLS CLEAR signalis sent between sensor and remote, insuring that the 2 are within range and no alarms have been missed..

As I've said before, I w found these most useful when I have a spread set so I'm looking into the sun,each one is numbered and has a corresponding button that lights up on the control, which also has a beeper that goes off as well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.