The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Gull?  (Read 12728 times)

Offline tip ups

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • never enough!!
Gull?
« on: Jan 16, 2013, 03:31 AM »
any one have any reports on any of Gull, since the warm up?
Maken time to dip your line. Flag up!!

Offline RodBreaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's a RodBreaker!
Re: Gull?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2013, 06:54 AM »
There's about 4 threads in this forum talking about gull
"Never trust a man who doesn't hunt or fish."

Teddy Roosevelt

Offline stevenmang85

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got bluegill?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2013, 07:03 AM »
1st bay still good... Rest of lake is skimmed... Gettin close.....
gilliams and smeltzillas

Offline tip ups

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • never enough!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2013, 09:19 AM »
Thanks  85 for the info.. work 7 to 7 every night so don"t have the time every a.m to scout ..  Little sand in the V.J  rodbroken?  simple question with a simple answer. Thought that's what this site was all about!!don"t like the question move on.  But have Great Day....

Offline wmu1989

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2013, 10:02 AM »
Thanks  85 for the info.. work 7 to 7 every night so don"t have the time every a.m to scout ..  Little sand in the V.J  rodbroken?  simple question with a simple answer. Thought that's what this site was all about!!don"t like the question move on.  But have Great Day....

LMAO

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2013, 10:19 AM »
any one have any reports on any of Gull, since the warm up?

so no one mentioned this gull lake web cam, so here you are.
when i can't get on ice here in my area, i can watch it on:
http://www.gulllakecam.com/

you can zoom in  it too...

makes you want to go all the more, but gas $$ says no go.
for what its worth.

Offline RodBreaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's a RodBreaker!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2013, 10:51 AM »
No sand in this VJ haha just thought if you looked at those threads you would get a lot more info than waiting for replys on a new thread. Ill be out on gull this weekend maybe see you out there. Ill have a beer for ya, wasn't trying to bust yer balls haha. Ill be in the camo shappell shanty.

Teddy Roosevelt

Offline Reel-Bonus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2013, 10:55 AM »
"you can zoom in  it too..."????

Can someone shed some light on how to Zoom in on the Gull Lake cam.

I want to see if they are biting  :)

Thanks,
RB

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2013, 11:08 AM »
"you can zoom in  it too..."????

Can someone shed some light on how to Zoom in on the Gull Lake cam.

I want to see if they are biting  :)

Thanks,
RB

simple, just make your browser such as opera (all i ever use) go to full zoom. (slider on bottom right) then reload the page. my screen is completely filled with the cam image and i have to scroll up and/or down. i just sit the image so the bottom of image is on bottom of monitor so you only have to scroll left/right.
hit f11 to have entire screen show the image. f11 to return to normal
use (+) & (-) to have more zoom.
use arrow keys to move image.

yes you can see the fish on the ice... @)

Offline sweetdad040

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The second mouse gets the cheeze!!!!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2013, 11:27 AM »
The "Bay Cam" doesnt work on my smart phone. But it does on my PC. Will be pretty cool on weekends when its packed out there.

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2013, 11:56 AM »
no go on smart phone is because it needs the flash player plug-in to view the cam. there are hacks for it, but you have to hack your phone 1st and then hack flash to try to use more web sites. i did it all to mine, but it still won't load the cam. guessing the larger screen tabs should load it mostly the H.D. tabs.

its kinda cool tho, but tease one to get out there for sure.

Offline Hermin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2013, 12:03 PM »
I think the camera runs off java.

Offline Reel-Bonus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2013, 12:39 PM »
Thanks 3300..it works

200% Zoom and my large display it's almost like being there :)

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2013, 12:45 PM »
any time!

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2013, 03:17 PM »
I will post on here ,tommorrow afternoon,what the ice thickness is at the north end.Also will check out the rest of the lake.Between work & late goose season, I put fishing on the back burner,due to the weather(great goose huntin,N. of B.C.).Hopefully by 4:00 p.m. Thurs. ,I will post,here .
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline Hermin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 16, 2013, 05:09 PM »
I just drove by hoping to do some smelt fishing but the ice is no where as far out as it was before the warm up.  Didn't even stop.  I saw a lot of guys fishing close the parking.

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 16, 2013, 05:20 PM »
I assume you were talking about 2nd.bay. My son drove by the north end about 4:00 p.m. & said the lake was iced over.Its strong enough to hold geese,so some of you skinny guys should be good to go in a day or so !!!!
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline stevenmang85

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got bluegill?
« Reply #17 on: Jan 16, 2013, 05:30 PM »
Ice is 1 1/2 inches everywhere else...
gilliams and smeltzillas

Offline tip ups

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • never enough!!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 16, 2013, 10:23 PM »
If I don"t have to work allweekend takeyou up on that Beer  :thumbsup:

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 17, 2013, 02:56 PM »
Ice report; The north end of the lake is frozen from Hickory point on the east to about the dredge on the west shore.The boat launch at the north end is open for about 50 yds. out,the entire property is open water.The creek is keeping it open. 1" of clear hard ice at Baseline rd.,The area from Hickory point,down to Ross twp park is open,as well as all the area over to Johnsons point,down past the country club,& almost to the island.The bible conference bay is frozen,but there is some open water in the area where you would walk on & out to about where you fish.Basically,from the northside of the island,all the way to the south end is frozen.I did not go out & check the ice anywhere except Baseline & the salon on 2nd. bay(about 2 1/2" ,10 ft.from shore).I'm prettysure that most of it would not hold my 215 lb. frame!I am headed out tonight to try for smelt on south bay.When I get home I'll let ya know if anyone gets on 2nd.bay,& how I did.

Offline princecraft

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 17, 2013, 03:32 PM »
Absolutely great report........thanks
Fisherman's Prayer
   I pray that I may live to fish
          Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
       I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
           And peacefully asleep,
      That in His mercy I be Judged
              BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Offline Hermin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 17, 2013, 04:13 PM »
Ice is 1 1/2 inches everywhere else...

Was nice to meet you today!

Offline stevenmang85

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got bluegill?
« Reply #22 on: Jan 17, 2013, 05:18 PM »
U too man!
gilliams and smeltzillas

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Jan 17, 2013, 10:00 PM »
The smelt bite was very slow for me tonight,I didnt get skunked,but I could have done a whole lot better ! There were a few guys that got part way into 2nd bay  & they sounded like they were doing pretty good.They walked in from the south end.Probably around 20 people out tonight,half of them were fishing for specs.I was kinda hoping to do good tonight,as I cant get out anymore nights this weekend,A.M. goose hunts are gettin in the way!

Offline GillMaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Kills the Gills
« Reply #24 on: Jan 17, 2013, 11:04 PM »
Did it look like anybody was doin good on the crappie?

The smelt bite was very slow for me tonight,I didnt get skunked,but I could have done a whole lot better ! There were a few guys that got part way into 2nd bay  & they sounded like they were doing pretty good.They walked in from the south end.Probably around 20 people out tonight,half of them were fishing for specs.I was kinda hoping to do good tonight,as I cant get out anymore nights this weekend,A.M. goose hunts are gettin in the way!

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Jan 18, 2013, 09:44 AM »
Two guys fishing by me,on the west side of the bay had 2,I caught 1 on a spike,12' down.I talked to 2 other guys & they had nothing.

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #26 on: Jan 18, 2013, 05:04 PM »
2 guys are on the cam right now.

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Jan 18, 2013, 08:50 PM »
Got out tonight to where the smooth ice line is on 2nd. bay.Tried setting up my camo hub style,& had to hold on to it for dear life ! I promptly knocked it down ,with the much appreciated help from another guy,and left! The wind was really bad & I forseen problems trying to knock stuff down at the end of the night.I never thought that I would have to call a trip on the ice,due to wind(its common  on Gull) but hey, there's a first for everything.I will try again Sat. night,they are getting smelt out there.If any of you guys seen me fighting with the wind,I do hope you enjoyed the show,there will NOT be an encore performance !

Offline 187fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 18, 2013, 09:04 PM »
Got out tonight to where the smooth ice line is on 2nd. bay.Tried setting up my camo hub style,& had to hold on to it for dear life ! I promptly knocked it down ,with the much appreciated help from another guy,and left! The wind was really bad & I forseen problems trying to knock stuff down at the end of the night.I never thought that I would have to call a trip on the ice,due to wind(its common  on Gull) but hey, there's a first for everything.I will try again Sat. night,they are getting smelt out there.If any of you guys seen me fighting with the wind,I do hope you enjoyed the show,there will NOT be an encore performance !
i was fighting the wind today as well..but with much better luck!!! i wish i was tuned into the cam for the wind blown episode   :clap: :flex:

Offline RodBreaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's a RodBreaker!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 18, 2013, 10:05 PM »
I have never fished for smelt in my life and all this talk of it makes me want to try it. Any recommendations on how to get started?

Teddy Roosevelt

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.