The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Keyhole -Slabapalooza  (Read 1512 times)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Keyhole -Slabapalooza
« on: Feb 27, 2007, 08:34 PM »
It was a tough decision this morning... 1) Head out to Healy after missing the Sunday afternoon with the Mooter and the 180 yellow perch they caught according to his recap... Or 2) Point the nose of the 'lil black truck east and make my first trip to Keyhole and go it alone after being up all night working... Keyhole it was!

My first hole drilled spit out 4 nice keepers then the blips were gone... Second hole drilled, a blank. Third hole drilled found a few more keepers until the action left the water column. Back to the first and a few more... Then the front hit Keyhole and snow began blowing everywhere! Clouds rolled in and the bite ceased but I stuck around and managed to rip some lip on yet another four or five in the last hour or so I was there. It was tough going when the weather changed but I manged to coax the last few biters out of their holes before the wind actually blew my flasher around the hole!

Found'em off a rocky point suspended 16'-18' in 25' to 30' of water. Swedish Pimples in silver and in gold and the chartreuse Gitzits also fooled'em. No live bait was used whatsoever!

Did rip up up two more after I took the pics... Just couldn't bring myself to leave without checking "one more" hole!  ;) Then it just got too dang nasty out there without a shelter... (Note to self: Next year have Trap...)

~G

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
Re: Keyhole -Slabapalooza
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2007, 10:25 PM »
 Gambooler.......that's awesome dude, would have loved to been along for that!
 Nice friggin-SLABS........Congrat's! good job
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
Blue-toppin.........and lip-rippin
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2007, 10:50 PM »
Nice slab crappers buddy, and hey if you're gonna buy a shelter, I highly recommend the Fish Trap flipover pro. I thought about the Yukon and passed on it, thinking it was too small and I was right, it woulda been. High quality issue in my opinion. I can bust mine down, stow my gear and be pulling away from a hole in 2 minutes  ;D

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2007, 11:10 PM »
if you're gonna buy a shelter, I highly recommend the Fish Trap flipover pro. I thought about the Yukon and passed on it, thinking it was too small and I was right, it woulda been. High quality issue in my opinion. I can bust mine down, stow my gear and be pulling away from a hole in 2 minutes  ;D

http://www.clamcorp.com/fishtrap.html

That might be a bit backwards there ex-Lt.

The flipover Pro is smaller than the Yukon. I was thinking of snatching up a Guide for next year which is right in the middle of the two. The Yukon would get too heavy for an old fat man to drag... More space only means I'd take more stuff. The Pro would be just about right but I'd like a bit more room if'n the missus might want to join one afternoon, er, just in case the fish aren't biting if'n ya gets my drift...  :whistle:

Hopefully I'll get back to that rocky point real soon for those crappies brudda's and sista's!

~ G

Offline Hellsangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2007, 11:24 PM »
Decent slabs . Way to get r done .
Utah Ice

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2007, 12:37 AM »
Gamb00ler,
               Nice Crappies! I just about went out this morning myself.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2007, 08:57 AM »
http://www.clamcorp.com/fishtrap.html

That might be a bit backwards there ex-Lt.

The flipover Pro is smaller than the Yukon. I was thinking of snatching up a Guide for next year which is right in the middle of the two. The Yukon would get too heavy for an old fat man to drag... More space only means I'd take more stuff. The Pro would be just about right but I'd like a bit more room if'n the missus might want to join one afternoon, er, just in case the fish aren't biting if'n ya gets my drift...  :whistle:

Hopefully I'll get back to that rocky point real soon for those crappies brudda's and sista's!

~ G

Whoops, yeppers, you're right, mine's the mid-size, Dogg and I could both fit in 'er and fish...sorry bout that  :woot: terrible with names hee-hee

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2007, 11:00 AM »
So you have the Guide??? I need a trap I can tote all by my lonesome, no ATV or sled here, and the thought of telling wifey I lost my truck thru the ice is a fearsome one so I'm on foot most of the time.

~ G

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2007, 11:07 AM »
Good work buddy

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.