The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Show-Boat ...Yep, in a few weeks, it'll be time  (Read 2100 times)

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
Show-Boat ...Yep, in a few weeks, it'll be time
« on: Feb 22, 2007, 09:46 AM »
     Well, I said I was gonna do it when the time was right. I'm gonna slip the over off  the Sea Ray (130hp Chevy inboard, Cobra OMC Outdrive) and sweep 'er out. Meantime, this coming week will be the last wahoo for ice fishing this side of the mountains for me. I'm gonna head over to Pinedale and hit Half Moon and Fremont. Well, here she is. Feel free to post yours, I know Wyohunter just bought a new baby. Open water on my favorite lake, Ocean, I'm outta here...well, not really...  ;D
                      ex-Lteeee, Th' "Don", Th' "Godfather"..."Keeper of the WY Ice Shanty flame"

Offline wyohunter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Show-Boat ...Yep, in a few weeks, it'll be time
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2007, 10:15 AM »
Will miss the ice but ready for open water too

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2007, 07:24 PM »
Will miss the ice but ready for open water too(Image removed from quote.)
Oh buddy, drool, drool, slobber slobber! very nice. I meant to ask you about it when we were over on Ocean and we got to telklin' other stories...sweeeet ride, but you should a posted the vital statistics too  ;D

Offline Hellsangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2007, 08:43 PM »
Nice boats !! I'm not even close to be classed with you guys but I have won a derby with her once in the year and a half I owned her . I need to get some better pics of my 16' tin can . She goes about 30 MPH on a good day .  :woot:

Utah Ice

Offline wyohunter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2007, 09:27 PM »
Hellsangler, there is nothing at all wrong with your boat, I sometimes think I caught more fish out of the little 14 ft. aluminum boat I started out with than any I have had since.
This one was my midlife crisis LOL and I figured I would get in less trouble with a boat than I would with a sports car.
exLt, Its decked out with two many bells and whistles. a 200hp merc scoots it across the water pretty good and it has a 9.9 4stroke kicker thats just about right for trolling and it has a auto pilot electric up front so I can set it up so that even by myself if I hook a fish I can kill the kicker and it will keep the boat straight. and best of all it rides like a caddy, even in some pretty ruff water. I am planning on taking a few of your wallies out of ocean this summer and some time at the gorge also. Maybe we can get dogbiter to loan us Bubba to show us the hot spots at boysen??

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2007, 06:25 AM »
Wonderful Rigs Guys! wyohunter pretty awesome Ranger! Hellangler WTG nice trophy and great Brown Congrats! and very nice boat. ex-Lt looks pretty sweet! I'll try and find a pic of my boat and post latter!

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2007, 10:34 PM »
[quote author=wyohunter  Maybe we can get dogbiter to loan us Bubba to show us the hot spots at boysen??

LOL........you just made my day wyohunter ;D Thank You
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
Blue-toppin.........and lip-rippin
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 25, 2007, 10:18 AM »
Very nice rigs fellers. Makes me sick I no longer have any. Used to live by a river in SE Kansas and had 6 jon boats from 16' down to 6', a nice 18 footer Grumman bass boat and my favorite... a two man Water Scamp that I carried in the back of my PU for farm ponds, strip pits, sections of river and big lake bays. I think I pulled more bass in with that 8 footer and Minn Kota 65 troller than the rest combined.

Dayum... Ever since I stolled into this here forum, fish slime has been forming in my veins again... I feel wifey may have a hard time with a large purchase sometime this summer! lol

~G

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2007, 06:09 PM »
Here is a picture of my 1775 Yar Craft 75 hp Rear tiller. Yeah I am one of those tiller guys can't image ever sitting anywhere else.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 27, 2007, 06:54 PM »
Here is a picture of my 1775 Yar Craft 75 hp Rear tiller. Yeah I am one of those tiller guys can't image ever sitting anywhere else.
(Image removed from quote.)
Nice rig brudder, all ready to go!  ;D

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 27, 2007, 07:46 PM »
All this talk of boats is making me crazy and wishing I'd have kept mine instead of selling it when I moved west... So I found me a beauty! All it needs is a little kicker outboard, maybe a 7.5hp and a bow mounted troller. Some tender loving care wouldn't hurt nor would some elbow grease. A real fixer upper! Only $35.00 if I come and get it! Boo-yah!

Whatcha think???  ;D

~G

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 27, 2007, 08:01 PM »
wood or glas?  ;D Either way, you're ok...I mean, you already know she floats  ;D

Offline Hellsangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 27, 2007, 11:19 PM »
Nice ride Big Ice . 75 horse tiller , does it come with power trim and tilt ? I know when I had my old 85hp merc I always wish it did . I'm spoiled now with steering and power trim/tilt . One of my favorite walleye waters now is open water but they have drained it down 10' for dam repairs but sure getting the itch to get it out there .May have to put my old beater prop on .  I have yet to ice a eye so the boat has to come out soon .
Utah Ice

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #13 on: Feb 28, 2007, 12:53 AM »
Actually my boat is in the garage full of stuff, a catch all. That picture is from last spring, I believe I just got done running it with the muffs on.
      Gamb00ler,
                     That looks like a fine boat! find yourself a small gas tiller motor or electric and you will be on the water.
 Hellangler,
               My Yar does have power trim and tilt it is on the floor, two buttons I run it with my foot. My dream boat would be a 17' 6' Warrior with a 75hp FOUR STROKE they are so sweet! Maybe some day!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.