The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: more boysen pictures  (Read 1824 times)

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
more boysen pictures
« on: Feb 16, 2007, 02:57 PM »
  heres some pictures from 2/9-2/10. AMy best friend that I grew up in Ohio brought his wife and five of us headed out to Boysen for his wife and there first ice fishing trip ever. Im trying to get them to move out here. We ended up catching 130 or so big perch, a few trout, a couple Ling and a couple of 10 lb cats and my girlfriend caught a 14.7 lb cat. 

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
Re: more boysen pictures
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2007, 03:21 PM »
Bill, very nice catfish and perch...you guys are amazing!  ;D

Offline spudbar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2007, 03:57 PM »
Wow thats a nice mess of fish. Nice pictures too!!

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2007, 05:01 PM »
First Bill Bohman,
                       I have been wanting to tell you this! I think The Musky that were entered under the anything category is a shame. They should be included with the Northern Pike, Just like a Tiger musky should be.!
         Now if that don't get you friends to move out here, I am not sure anything will. Awesome Cats again. :thumbsup: Great pic's! Awesome mess of jumbo Perch :thumbsup:I really like your pic's of the fish comming through the holes! WTG :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2007, 05:53 PM »
Thanks guys for your replies. I was really disappointed about the muskies but whats a person to do.  Yeah my friend loves it out here but all their family is still in Ohio. I told him he could get a job the day he moved here so we'll see what happens. He was at one time 24th in the nation w/ competitive archery and was the Ohio champion when he was 18. He is probably one most intelligent people that I know when it comes to the outdoors. ex-Lt we're not amazing, just really lucky, but thank you for the compliment.

Bill Bohman

Offline Gatorslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2007, 10:23 PM »
Nice pics, Bill! ;D  Nice to here your friends had a good time while visiting this amazing state.  Any time on the ice is a good time! :clap: Just wish I could get out there more.  D*mn work!!   :%$#!:

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2007, 10:31 PM »
     I was over at Trout Bay today, 4 nice perch, bam, bam, bam, bam...thought I was gonna slay 'em, danged wind came up 45 mph...all I could do to get that shack off the ice. Going back, I stepped over a split in the ice, had to be 9 inches wide and blue water all the way 35 feet down. If ya go, be careful and tie your pickup to a stump or boulder or somethin'..... :woot:

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2007, 11:23 PM »
follow the yellow belly road ;)
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline auhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 21, 2007, 08:43 AM »
Here is a picture of my wife and the nice trout she caught on the 17th of Feb. the trout is 22in. 6lb It out weighed my my grandson at birth.
may their be holes in your ice and fish in your holes

Offline auhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2007, 08:51 AM »
We were in Trout Bay on Presidents day weekend did pretty good for the first time on the lake Ice fishing,here is the Perch we caught.

may their be holes in your ice and fish in your holes

Offline Gatorslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2007, 05:12 PM »
Thems some nice perch auhunter! Big ol gut on that sucker.  Can't go wrong with that trout either!  WTG! :clap:  Hey, ex-LT Do you suppose the ice is starting to break up?  I wanted to get out there one last time before it does.  What was the thickness there at Trout Bay?

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 21, 2007, 05:49 PM »
It's getting skinny buddy, about 17 inches...measured today. When I left yesterday, there was deep puddles of water all over the ice and I stepped over a 9-inch break with open water between. Nobody's driving trucks on it right now fer sure and with the wind and high temps. As I said in another post, I knelt down and pressed my face to it and kissed my "ice" goodbye  :roflmao: Pretty soon, in a few weeks, staying out after about noon will be...hmmmm...dangerous ... Temps drop, winds stop, could be whole nother story. Nice perch in 55-60- ft of water, one bo.
                                                        LT  ;D :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.