The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Keyhole updates  (Read 1986 times)

Offline cfhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
Keyhole updates
« on: Feb 11, 2007, 01:14 PM »
I am looking for info on Keyhole from anybody that went this weekend. The ice conditions don't have me worried it takes a lot of warm weather to make 18 to 24 inches unsafe to be out on. Oh by the way I am a new member to this site. I have been coming here for awhile now to get info on the lakes. I live in Gillette Wy. Only 45 minutes to Keyhole and an hour to DeSmet. ;D I have lived in Wyoming all my life so I have done a lot of fishing in Wyoming. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Keyhole updates
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2007, 10:31 PM »
I finally made it out today and met up with Raven and friends at KH. The fishing was a little slow for them but these guys always have fun fishing ;D I met Raven once before when he came to KH with Mooster, a heck of a nice guy the one thing about Raven is when he gets a hook up you will know it! We thought he had the big eye on when he caught this Big old drum! Good job Raven!

Offline lethalwepon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2007, 05:55 PM »
Hey Big Ice

Have you ever eaten a drum?  I hear they are good but never have ventured it myself. Grey Rocks holds some pretty nice drum. WOW do those things pull. :o

Lethal

Offline cfhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2007, 09:29 PM »
Hey nice Drum, a little bigger than the last one I caught at Keyhole. The meat is white and oily and a little fishy but not to bad, Walleye is better. Thanks for the update.

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2007, 10:23 PM »
lethalweapon,
                    To be quite honest I have never ate a Drum. I have caught a few, and you are right they put up a good fight.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2007, 11:26 AM »
I've caught many drum here in colorado and they taste like sheeeeet!    They do fight pretty well, though!
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Traxion

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2007, 05:42 PM »
How is the ice holding up @ Keyhole? 

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2007, 10:35 PM »
Traxion,
           The ice is still in great shape! I will know more this Wed. Thurs. I will be out I will let you know.

Offline Traxion

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2007, 10:37 PM »
Big Ice,
Let me know how things are.  This snow and the quick melt has made access on Orman impossible.  Lots of bad spots thoughout, there is one large spot of open water in the middle of the lake.  I'm out of town this coming weekend but would like to try again out your way the following weekend.  Thanks!

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 23, 2007, 06:28 AM »
Been fishing with some success, still looking for Mr Big!

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 25, 2007, 10:01 AM »
Nice pic Big Ice! I used to hook up the Drum every once in awhile when bassin' with a texas rigged plastic worm. Wow are your first thoughts of a wallhanger, than you see the flash and start cussin'. Good fighters though would've never thought about eatin' one back in Kansas...

I'm already drooling about next hardwater season and want to get a jump on things. Is there a KH lake map anywhere I can get a hold of that you know of? Currently I'm boatless, but would like to get some bank fishin' in this Spring out there... thanks Big Ice!

~G

Offline Traxion

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 26, 2007, 08:44 PM »
Big Ice- Nice fish there.  Good to see you've found a few.  Might try to make a run out this weekend depending on how things go.  Don't know for sure.  Fished one day this weekend up by the state line on Oahe and ended up with 5 nice fish.  Weather was tough, rain and drizzle, then snow and wind, but it was a good time.  It's a different world up there, didn't know if the auger would make it through or not!!  Hope you continue to run on to some eyes. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.