The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: ### - OFFICIAL New to the Wyoming Forum THREAD - Introduce yourself! ###  (Read 20121 times)

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Welcome to all of these new members! Hopefully see you at the get together soon. Tight lines, Prospector

Offline El_Stu

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey Guys, thought I would introduce myself.  Moved to Pinedale in August of this year from Michigan.  I did a lot of fishing there, especially for steelhead and trout, though I did a lot of ice fishing as well when I was a bit younger.  I've loved Wyoming so far, had a great Fall fishing the rivers and lakes around Pinedale.  With winter setting in and the cabin fever already starting to creep in, am thinking this is the year to get back into ice fishing again!  Bit of a different game out here compared to Michigan where live bait and tip ups were a big part of what we did in my old home town of Cadillac.  Hoping to get some ideas here and share what I can with the board about the area. 

Offline Dave7878

• IceShanty Rookie
Been fishing Wyo Ice for years. Just thought it was time to join the group.  A lot of my buddies are on here and the site has a lot of really good information. The season is just starting and I can't wait to get on the ice this weekend.

Fish On
Better being cold over a hole than warm over a computer

Offline green28

• IceShanty Rookie
Been lurking here for a while. I am in Laramie and been ice fishing for a few years now. Great information on here been enjoying it so far!

Offline zajwalker

• IceShanty Rookie
Greetings all, new to the site, and wanted to see how this all works.  See you all around.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Welcome to the Shanty!  :tipup:

Offline Grendel Shooter

• IceShanty Rookie
Hello! Been here in Wyoming for my 3rd winter after moving from N.C.. It's been a few years sense I have ice fished out here and that was at Flaming Gorge for Lake Trout and had a blast until the ice started cracking and popping. The family got me a hand auger and a rod for Christmas so I plan on putting them to use soon. Going to try go over and fish Montpelier this weekend maybe, seeing how I am close and haven't caught a perch in years.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Welcome to the Shanty Grendel Shooter! The Gorge lakers are on my bucket list if I can ever get down there!  ;D

Offline IceToad

• IceShanty Rookie
New to the site as well. Great site, awesome info.

Offline Living Large

• IceShanty Rookie
Glad to have you ICE TOAD!

Offline Living Large

• IceShanty Rookie
Only two more posts to go ICE TOAD  :icefish:

Offline IceToad

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks for the recommendation living large.

Offline Living Large

• IceShanty Rookie
No problem!

Offline IceToad

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline Gadoo

• IceShanty Rookie
Newbie here!  Looking forward to hitting the ice!

Offline Gadoo

• IceShanty Rookie
Does anyone have first hand knowledge of ice conditions at Alcova?

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Welcome to the shanty gadoo, check the reports & conditions board. They should be open for you now that you have 3 posts
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Special

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Old School
welcome!!!!
No one left behind.     

Offline Junior48

• Team IceShanty Regular
welcome to ice shanty lots of good stuff on here enjoy

Offline bh91

• IceShanty Rookie
Been a lurking member trying to read up and finally today will be getting out on the ice without electronics... First place will probably be Crystal res.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Welcome to the Shanty bn91! Tight lines to you!  :tipup:

Offline OleFishEye

• IceShanty Rookie
Well welcome to Wyoming!  Lots of good hunting and fishing here.  Glad to hear you are fly fishing and tying flies.  Ice fishing is good here as well with many species and fish to catch.

Offline Rmills

• IceShanty Rookie
Hello from Cheyenne. 

Offline spot mcclain

• IceShanty Rookie
My name is Spot. Ive been in casper about 2 years. I have been into ice fishing for years now. I fished alcova last year (16), fished pathfinder and Boysen. I lived in idaho 11 years, since moving to casper im ready for anything but trout. If I can get away im always willing. Happy fishing

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Welcome to the Shanty spot mcclain!  :tipup:

Offline flycefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
Hi Folks,

Long time fisherman but pretty new to the ice fishing thing.  Flyfishing is a passion and has been for a while.  Getting geared up for hardwater fishing this year but with the warm and wind here lately, I may be too late for this season!  I hope not though.  Lived in Cheyenne for 39 years, went to Idaho for a year and a half and recently moved back to good ol' Wyo to Wheatland.  Looking forward to learning from the 'pro's' in the area!

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Welcome to the Shanty flycefisher! I was in Guernsey yesterday and it was 56 degrees! Ya better hurry and get onto some ice soon!  ;D :tipup:

Offline Phintar

• IceShanty Rookie
Hello,
I am new to the forum and figured I would start by saying hello... I have lived in Wyoming for about 3 years now and have icefished every year I have lived here! I moved here from CA so icefished was new to me, and I love it! I live in the small town of Hillsdale (just east of Cheyenne). Happy fishing to all!
Ray

Offline AndrewB

• IceShanty Rookie
Found this forum after a Google search. I've been fishing all of my life. It's nice to have a place for trustworthy news!

Offline Asmith

• IceShanty Rookie
Hello new to this from laramie and just looking for some good reports

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.