The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Pathfinder?  (Read 1774 times)

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
Pathfinder?
« on: Feb 19, 2009, 11:06 PM »
Hopefully heading to Pathfinder, Sunday morning. Probably Bishops point, just wondering how thick is the ice and how's the fishing. Thanks in advance.

Offline fishlord

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • worst day of fishing better than best day of work
Re: Pathfinder?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2009, 11:14 AM »
havent been there since the derby-2 weeks ago but the ice was a good 12" then and good and solid.I would suppose its still good.
Randy

Offline Linganator

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2009, 08:55 AM »
12-15", I was out there Thurs afternoon. Can't say the fishing was good or bad, I was only out there for a couple hours, spent most of that time replacing the cheap line on a new reel.

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2009, 09:34 AM »
Thank you guys very much, I'm heading to Casper this afternoon. I'll give you guys a report on Monday.

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2009, 11:38 AM »
Fished pathfinder for about 5 hours on Sunday, only saw two trout on my camera and didn't even get a bite between me and my dad. We were at bishops point, first we fished in 13 feet of water then moved out into about 40. Saw one rainbow in each spot, no walleyes. Nobody else was catching them either. Ice was 12-14 inches with some sketchy spots near the bank in the afternoon.

Offline wyiceman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Flag Up!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2009, 02:30 PM »
Went out with some guys Saturday and ended up with a 19+ pound stringer of Trout b/t three Averaged just over 2 lbs each form 16" -19"- had a nice little fish fry last night(Sun).  The walleye have been elusive this year.  We were Bishops Point and all our catches were on lines suspended 3-5 feet under the ice.  No bottom bite except one in 7' of water I caight in another spot later that afternoon in search for the elusive walleye.
wishin I was ice fishin

Offline wyiceman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Flag Up!!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 25, 2009, 11:01 AM »
Hit the ice yesterday (Tuesday) for a few hours before and after dusk looking for the night bite - got skunked.  The ice is starting to honeycomb in parts and the edges are melting rapidly.  A few more days like yesterday, 50F and 30 mph wind, and the ice won't last long.  Be careful out there and bring a plank.
wishin I was ice fishin

Offline Linganator

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2009, 09:40 PM »
Wyiceman,
 Were you near Bishops point? or on the south side of the lake?

Offline wyiceman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Flag Up!!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2009, 01:41 PM »
At bishops by the main channel the Saturday we did well.  On Tuesday I decided to try Wolf's Point trying for some Walleye night bite but nothin' doin.
wishin I was ice fishin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.