Author Topic: Pressure systems and weather patterns  (Read 1442 times)

Offline The Farmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Pressure systems and weather patterns
« on: Mar 03, 2008, 07:52 PM »
Hey guys, and girls maybe

Has anyone figured out how weather paterns and presure syastems affect perch? The only conclusion that i have come to, is where ive been fishing latley, the perch move from the bottom of the 70 foot dropoff to the top weedbed (about 10 feet) and out of the current on the low pressure. And when the high pressure system moves through, their back out in the deep. I have been experimenting the past few weeks and that is what i figured out. How does it work in yor guys' waters?

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Pressure systems and weather patterns
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2008, 02:40 PM »
Think it depends more on the time of year and size of the water. Mid-season on a large lake, I'm not sure if a front phases them as much as it does me. Bite seems the same if I'm foolish enough to fight the elements. Smaller waters they tend to head deeper and close thier mouths a bit more. Late ice and breeding time on either size waters they'll roll off the flat and hang at the base of the first drop, occasionally running up to investigate. Basically stay fairly aggressive on the feed but may need to downsize at times. Simply my observations on local waters.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.