The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Caspian report 2-3-24  (Read 1036 times)

Offline vt-jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
Caspian report 2-3-24
« on: Feb 04, 2024, 07:07 AM »
Ice was decent, 7-8, maybe 9"      went out to deeper water, about 80fow, found the ice to be thinner but still about 6".      My dad set the spud bar down and it tried tried to take off through a mysterious hole we didn't know  was there, hidden by just crust.   We quickly retraced our steps back  from that area.    C&R one 14" laker on our last set of holes in 40 fow.   
"Guys, Come look! This perch is as big as my house!"

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
Re: Caspian report 2-3-24
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2024, 09:49 AM »
Thanks for the update, I may hit Caspian with the lack of good ice
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2024, 09:50 AM »
Thanks for the update, I may hit Caspian with the lack of good ice everywhere else
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline vt-jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2024, 09:39 PM »
Thanks for the update, I may hit Caspian with the lack of good ice everywhere else
  we were spudding our holes due to a pre-trip auger issue.   It's the thinnest ive seen the ice there, though I've only fished there a handful of times over the years.    Solid, but not the usual couple feet one would expect.   Was some sleds out and about but finding that random hole has  me questioning the merits of ripping across the lake without constant spudding  ??? :tipup:
"Guys, Come look! This perch is as big as my house!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.