Author Topic: Did You Guys Buy Anything New  (Read 12043 times)

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
Re:Did You Guys Buy Anything New
« Reply #60 on: Dec 13, 2003, 05:23 PM »
Hi Gang!

Yes under ice fishing paragraph it says you have to have a reflector (red) on every side of the shanty.
  The clams come with silver I use a tarp hold down strap from walmart to hang them off my clam. You can get the reflectors and four tarp tie downs for under $12.00 at walmart.  If you use the tie downs you dont have to put holes in the sides of your tenting.  They will pinch the material without putting holes in it.  I also used them to hold my lisense holders in place.  I have a fish trap scout 2003 model.

Offline Penguin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice fishermen walk on water!
« Reply #61 on: Dec 13, 2003, 06:05 PM »
I got a new Karavan trailer for my snowmobile, got tired of tying the skis down with a bullrope. Ordered a Lowrance X67C Ice Machine. I know this opens up a whole debate that's been going on all over, just suffice to say that I like an LCD for a number of reasons and it was a good deal. A new fleece shirt and double layer longies should keep me warm. Also picked up an HT Neuveau Creek ice rod case. I can fit a half dozen rods in it. Gonna hold off on more purchases until after Christmas, I asked for gift cards from Gander Mountain.

Offline walleye4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice, BABY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #62 on: Dec 14, 2003, 12:32 AM »
All I have gotten so far this year is a new sled from HT.  I think I will get the rest of the kit to make it a shanty.  

I also am a fan of JAMMIN JIGS, I bought a bunch on ebay last year and they are some of the best jigs in my box.

OH NO, I have Jig-a-nitis!  Very deadly disease!!!

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
« Reply #63 on: Dec 14, 2003, 10:16 PM »
Big sale at Cabelas this past wekend. I picked up a new Mustang Survival Flotation Bomber Jacket and a Dave Genz signature rod. Gotta have new toys, now all we need is ice!
FTD

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
« Reply #64 on: Dec 15, 2003, 02:08 PM »
Hey Penguin!
   I think you getting a a new X67C is wonderful.  I am really happy for you.  I wish I had anything!  I would prefer a ice fishing fish finder with a gps and a lower water column temperature finder plus a fish caller all built into one.  But thats why god lets us dream!  So congrats on your new marcum hope you have tons of success!!!!!
  Happy Fish hunting!  Let us know how your marcum works out!
  Da-Roc
  P.S.  On your trailer how do u tie the snow machine down?

Offline Penguin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice fishermen walk on water!
« Reply #65 on: Dec 15, 2003, 08:56 PM »
Da Roc,
The new trailer has a bar that cranks down tight into the bed to hold the skis down. I use a couple short ratchet straps at the rear end to keep it from shifting sideways. Won't be using the sled on the ice any time soon, though, a foot and a half of snow in Central NY put the kibosh on any ice forming for a while. My sled is a '68 SkiDoo, good for hauling my Ranger Solo and a load of gear onto the ice, but not a trail machine.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.