New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: kill zone shanty  (Read 803 times)

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
kill zone shanty
« on: Mar 08, 2010, 11:44 AM »
would like to recommend any one looking for a economical great shanty to buy a killzone cube.  it is durable for the price and has a one year warranty.  I have had to minor issues with mine with the poles and they have warrantied everything and been very friendly on the phone.

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
Re: kill zone shanty
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2010, 11:46 AM »
NICE....I am asking for the 4 man one for my birthday!!! Thanks for the info!!!

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2010, 11:51 AM »
yeah there nice and cheap.  a mr heater in there and your nice and warm.  the downfalls to them is once you get them set up moving is a pain in the ass and you have to make sure you stake them down well and use the cords when setting up in the wind.  if you break a rod end you can usually cob it together with a drill and a peice of screw to get you through the weekend.  if you call killzone they will send new stuff to you for free by fed ex.  the other great benefit is the room.  i have the 2-3 man and have fished 4 holes with 2 people before.  also if you do get one the first thing you want to do is duct tape the windows in.  that way the wind cant get to them.  but for the money you cant beat the unit.

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2010, 03:32 PM »
i agree I have the killzone and mr heater and they work great.  I would also suggest to use washers on your stakes and they are all the way down because the grommets like to come loose but no big deal actually.

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2010, 03:37 PM »
Yeah I'm actually missing a couple of those so I bring out 1 by 4 by 6 foot with holes drilled for 2 sides now it works great.  Also eliminates draft from underneath

Offline mikeymjr23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2010, 03:59 PM »
Are they durable?

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2010, 05:34 PM »
Friend of mine has one. Other than the grommet issue on the skirt, no problems. I would also add, put the windows in while it is down, we tried to put it up then put them in, not fun. But after two years of use it is holding up great.

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 08, 2010, 06:15 PM »
when i bought mine the first thing i did was set up and i duct taped the windows in from the outside and the in to seal them up better.  i have never taken them off in over a year and they stay well and i dont have to worry about them.

durability issue?   well for the price i think so.  i Have broken a couple of rods but they warranty them or you can buy them for 5 dollars a peice if you really need to.  but for the price you pay its well worth it and easy to fix

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.