The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Crown Point area Access  (Read 950 times)

Offline keithm87

• Team IceShanty Addict
Crown Point area Access
« on: Nov 30, 2018, 06:58 AM »
I know we are a ways out, but I have been itching for a few years to try to spend a weekend in my portable hardside north of the bridge looking for lakers and salmon. So here is my question, for those of you who fish the area north of the CP bridge, where do you access the ice from? I know there is the launch under the bridge, but cant imagine that the ice right there builds up much, I know there are accesses on the NY side in Port Henry. I would need ATV access with ability to pull an atv trailer mounted shanty out and a spot to leave a truck for 2 days.

Offline NHHARDWATER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • -Aaron-
Re: Crown Point area Access
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2018, 10:24 AM »
I think the best access in that area (unfortunately) is under the bridge.
Chasing Ice

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2018, 11:02 AM »
the ice eventually will be fine there just dont try and go right under the bridge. potash bay area few miles north is another option.

Offline keithm87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2018, 11:49 AM »
I have scoped the area out, and it looks like from the launch if I were to leave and go north 100 yds and then head west before going north I would find decent ice once we get to that point. Are there any every year type pressure cracks and things down there? I would ultimately like to be able to head north from the launch to the areas about 2 miles north west that look to trench down to deeper holes.

Offline Jhonas17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2018, 10:00 AM »
There is a trail where people walk out south of the bridge on the flat. Ice is always fine (Don't go under bridge). North of the bridge the ice fluctuates depending on the time it freezes. But should be able to walk out there or very least get a wheeler in January.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.