Author Topic: Approx. ice-off date SK lakes  (Read 2972 times)

Offline Wissel

• IceShanty Rookie
Approx. ice-off date SK lakes
« on: Mar 25, 2019, 01:55 PM »
Hi! I'm hoping to get an update on the approximate date when most of the ice has melted on some lakes around SK (lakes listed below).

I'm from the University of Regina and writing my thesis on winter conditions in lakes around SK, so that's why I'm hoping to catch the approx. ice-off date, which would be when 2/3 of the lake has melted or the first day when its completely melted to go with a boat. I'm grateful for any reply and update as soon as the ice melts! Thanks! :)

Humboldt lake
Buffalo Pound
Little Manitou
Blackstrap
Kipabiskau
Charron
Edouard lake
Clair lake
Quill lakes
Last Mountain Lake (Rowan´s Ravine Provincial Park)
St Brieux
Lenore lake
Waldsea
Wakaw
Arthur lake
Diefenbaker
Lac Pelletier
Loch leven
Kenosee
Madge
Good Spirit lake
Crooked lake
Katepwa lake

Offline Diggs

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Approx. ice-off date SK lakes
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2019, 12:00 PM »
Try the attached website from NASA called Worldview with satellite imagery.  https://worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov 
Click on Start Using Worldview and zoom in on the lakes you wish to view in Saskatchewan and you can choose the dates down in the bottom left corner.  The easiest lakes to see in Saskatchewan are Diefenbaker and Last Mountain so this should help you get your bearings.  Adjust the dates for non cloudy days and you'll be able to get an idea of when the ice is off on most lakes. 
Good Luck & Good Fishin'!

Offline Wissel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2019, 11:52 AM »
Try the attached website from NASA called Worldview with satellite imagery.  https://worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov 
Click on Start Using Worldview and zoom in on the lakes you wish to view in Saskatchewan and you can choose the dates down in the bottom left corner.  The easiest lakes to see in Saskatchewan are Diefenbaker and Last Mountain so this should help you get your bearings.  Adjust the dates for non cloudy days and you'll be able to get an idea of when the ice is off on most lakes. 
Good Luck & Good Fishin'!

Thank you!! This is great :) good fishing!

Offline js6145

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2019, 12:32 PM »
Most of ice off pasqua April 19th. Some still at east end.

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Apr 20, 2019, 06:43 PM »
So when does your proverbial '2 months of bad sleddin'" start? ;D :o
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.