Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1615129 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #22830 on: Mar 09, 2021, 04:56 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

44 heading to 70 later today. The only fly in the ointment is a strong South wind.

Eddie....Excellent news regarding your Mom :clap:

IW.... Hope you get a few more chances at the lakers :thumbsup: Yep, I can relate :%$#!:

WW.... Best of luck today :icefish:

Yesterday I had a lady call that I worked for last year. She doesn't have much but it will take a couple hours, not sure which day I will do the job. This morning my wife has to make an office run for some supplies, I have a date at the local Menard's for for their bacon sale.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and stay healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22831 on: Mar 09, 2021, 05:55 AM »
22* and mostly clear.
Drifter, that is a "beast".
IW, fishing days on the ice could be coming to a close pretty quick. Most of the snow has settled quite a bit and it seems to be mostly ice. Still a lot in the woods.
Eddie, good news with the nursing homes.
Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l
WW, will be waiting for some pictures.
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22832 on: Mar 09, 2021, 08:27 AM »

Good Morning ER's Dave that machine looks like a beast. H2 great job on the lanes hope your team can keep the pedal to the metal. WW hope your perch are still were you left them; how deep are you and Mr. WW fishing them? Mason glad your Mothers Home is letting in visitors now even if for a bit. IW hope you can get out today. There are people still fishing around town but the edges will go soon; I did see about a 100 out yesterday. I made my pilgrimage to the local thrift store Scored a Eureka Tetragon  9 for 5.00 SWEET    Have a great day and stay safe.  Hey I wonder if RO can get me off the skunk train.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22833 on: Mar 09, 2021, 11:45 AM »
Did somebody say bacon sale?  :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22834 on: Mar 09, 2021, 02:47 PM »
Menards is a chain of home improvement stores here. They are running their 11% off store wide sale and coincidentally have their Black Label thick cut bacon in stock. So it ends up being $5.99 for a 24oz pack. I like bacon but I really like meaty bacon.

As I recall a buddy stopped in one time and both he and his trusty pup Sahtu had a few slices. As a matter of fact Sahtu wanted seconds
  :roflmao:

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22835 on: Mar 09, 2021, 05:06 PM »
Well made the long journey and made it late Sunday to the hotel. Been busy training and working on instruments and we have a major PM starting tomorrow that is the main reason I am out here to show the new guys how to interact with the service technician and what needs to happen so getting close now. On a happy note camper is paid for now the last loan and on to happier days. Have a good rest of the week the weekend is looking good so far just hoping the flights home Friday are good got a text saying snow in the rockies so will see how that affects everything. Oh and the governor is lifting our mask mandate for the state since our numbers have been down for a few months. What a relief it will be, I have trouble wearing the masks and then after a day of travel wearing one all day cannot breathe for a couple days as well, only feels like I can use half my air capacity but that is just me be safe out there.

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22836 on: Mar 09, 2021, 06:03 PM »
WW, will be waiting for some pictures.
Another beauty of a day today  :thumbsup:

OG.....we're in 20fow

Hitting the lake again in the morning, could be the end of it  :-\

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22837 on: Mar 09, 2021, 06:27 PM »
Another beauty of a day today  :thumbsup:

Hitting the lake again in the morning, could be the end of it  :-\

Congratulations WW's

In case you beat me up in the morning.......Wishing you another fantastic day on the ice :icefish: :icefish:

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22838 on: Mar 09, 2021, 06:29 PM »
Thanks WS  :bow:  and in case I miss you in the morning......have a happy birthday  :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22839 on: Mar 09, 2021, 06:52 PM »
Thanks WS  :bow:  and in case I miss you in the morning......have a happy birthday  :thumbsup: :clap:

Thank you very much  :roflmao:

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22840 on: Mar 09, 2021, 07:30 PM »
Menards is a chain of home improvement stores here. They are running their 11% off store wide sale and coincidentally have their Black Label thick cut bacon in stock. So it ends up being $5.99 for a 24oz pack. I like bacon but I really like meaty bacon.

As I recall a buddy stopped in one time and both he and his trusty pup Sahtu had a few slices. As a matter of fact Sahtu wanted seconds
  :roflmao:

(Image removed from quote.)

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BACON!!!!

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #22841 on: Mar 09, 2021, 08:43 PM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARV!!!!!  :woot: :thumbsup: :flex: :clap: :roflmao: :bow: :blink: :callcops:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22842 on: Mar 09, 2021, 10:05 PM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARV!!!!!  :woot: :thumbsup: :flex: :clap: :roflmao: :bow: :blink: :callcops:

Wait!! What??? Marv still has birthdays? I thought they stopped at a certain spot. 

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #22843 on: Mar 10, 2021, 02:35 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  The coyotes are talking up a storm this am, driving my dogs crazy! Clear, calm 26*, high of 52 today.....Happy Hump Day!   ;D

Marv... :bow: :clap:  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  :clap: :bow:  Hope you have a wonderful day Sir, be careful with all those candles burning on the cake!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...congratulation s on another great trip to you and Mr.WW, beautiful job and pictures!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Best of luck with another great day today!  :tipup:
  FH4... congratulations on paying off the camper loan, hope the rest of the work week goes smoothly!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff...will be looking forward to your report, hope you found those lakers hungry yesterday! Best of luck if heading back out again today!   :thumbsup:
  OG...hope you get a few more trips in before the ice goes south....best of luck!   :thumbsup:
  H2..imagine the sap should be running pretty good this week with the warmer weather?  :thumbsup:

Going to try my local lake after work this afternoon, after seeing Wally’s pictures got the itch again!   :thumbsup:  Not too often we get to ice fish and catch an early tan, that’s on the planner.
  Thanks for the kind words and support concerning my Mom, very much appreciated!  :bow:  Had a good report from my brother yesterday and he shared some pictures with us. It’s still difficult to imagine it’s been over a year now since we’ve had physical contact with her.
  NY just lowered the age requirement to 60 to get the Covid vaccine, so today I will be looking into getting an appointment set up.
  The clock is saying it’s time to get moving again...Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #22844 on: Mar 10, 2021, 04:07 AM »

Good morning Eddie ER's,
                         It's 29* and clear here on my hill.
                         Marv.........A very HAPPY BIRTHDAYto you  :thumbsup: :clap: I hope you have a good day. :thumbsup:
                         Eddie........You are right, I got a sunburn yesterday. :whistle: Good luck this afternoon. :thumbsup:
                         Wally.........As warm as it was we didn't lose much ice, the top half inch got a little mushy, we had a wind where we were. :blink: Good luck
                if you're going out today. :thumbsup:
                         Fish..........It's always a big relief to pay a loan off.....congratulation s. :flex:
                         OG...........I hope you can get out before the shoreline goes. :unsure:
                         H2l...........I'm sure the sap has been filling your nephew's tank, he'll be busy boiling. :clap:
                         I ended up going out with a neighbor, he's big on perch, so I took him to one of my favorite spots on LG. At first I got a couple of nice perch,
                12" or so, then the pumpkinseeds moved in. He like them too. So at the end of the day we ended up with 46 pumpkinseeds and 13 nice perch, I also
                got an intruder a 26" Laker . The picture is of my catch at 10 am.
                         I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22845 on: Mar 10, 2021, 05:02 AM »
Happy birthday 🍰🎂🎁 Marv..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22846 on: Mar 10, 2021, 05:51 AM »
23* and clear.
WS, Happy Birthday. Have a good day.
WW, those are the type of days that will make you going back. Good Luck today.
IW, same to you, good luck.
What I could see the ice had some water on it yesterday PM. Didn't see anyone out.
Eddie, hope you get out on the ice.
Have a good day and stay safe...h2l

FH4, have a good rest of the week.
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22847 on: Mar 10, 2021, 06:45 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

44 with light rain. Looks to be a gloomy day on this part of the map. The good thing is it should be all rain with a snow line staying just north of us.

Thanks for the Birthday wishes. I very much appreciate them :thumbsup:

Not a lot going today, just puttering.

I hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and stay healthy.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #22848 on: Mar 10, 2021, 09:54 AM »
good day, blue sky with light wind currently have not checked on the temperature but think i wiil see a high in the middle to upper fifties. By this weekend  I think there will be some open water along shorelines of some lakes and the quality of ice will start to get sketchy. The majority of Easter and Passover items have arrived at the store once Saint Patrick's day is past  it will be moved from warehouse are to shelves for sale.
Whopper Stopper Happy Birthday enjoy the day and and any special meal your wife might prepare plus the cake.  Good to hear the snow is to North of you  .
Drifter may you have no problems settling you father's estate and receive some of his investment funds soon so you can make a big down payment on the Side by Side. I assume you will also be using some of the funds to pay for cabin build materials.
Eddie that is great news about your Mom's nursing home may the staff and residents stay Covid free so you and others can finally visit their relatives.
Wallyworld hope the bite is still on if you and Mr.WW are at the lake today congratulations on another good day of fishing.
Ice Wanderer glad the ice is still holding up on lake George congratulations to you and your neighbor on the bluegills and perch. i'm sure the bonus laker made your day. Hope you receive your arthritis medications by this weekend.
Hunts2long your nephew should be busy this weekend boiling sap and making syrup.
Old Goat  nice score on the Eureka Tetragon. Best to you if headed out on the ice for a late season trip.
Fish/hunt4ever congratulations on paying off the camper loan. May you have a problem free flight home on Friday.
tomturkey ,Capt. Jim, Icefisher-45,OldSailor and UFCreel hope all is good with you and your families.

Have a good and safe Wednesday.
 Steve

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22849 on: Mar 10, 2021, 12:35 PM »

Good Morning ER's pulling in late today. Thanks WW for answering my ?  Nice catch for the family. Mr. C Have found many tents there over the years; one was sold at my garage sale and now resides in Africa. That was a Alpine Meadows 6. Hope everyone stays safe and enjoys today.

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22850 on: Mar 10, 2021, 05:33 PM »
25 today, beautiful weather, sunny near 60* !! Ice is taking a beating. Not sure if we’ll get out again or not. A great season anyway even tho it was pretty short lived.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22851 on: Mar 10, 2021, 06:01 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congratulations WW'S

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22852 on: Mar 10, 2021, 07:08 PM »
Happy birthday marv hope your day was excellent.

Looks like some good catches out there love seeing people catching fish.

Guess we got about 6 inches of wet snow, sounds like some good moisture but sounds like some road closures and things going on so will see how all the flights will be Friday.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22853 on: Mar 10, 2021, 08:28 PM »
Good late morning from the great pacific northwest, Seeing how I have been a little out of touch, while doing the 20 plus hour drive delivering the Jeep to my Niece.

I see I missed out on the birthday cake for Marv, so belated B-Day wish.  On a side note I got the second covid shot Sunday morning and planed on taking the 1393 mile drive Monday morning at around 11:30 Sunday I awoke from my nap to 103* fever, with cold wet wash rags had the fever broke, and not feeling any other symptoms left on my journey and 21 hours arrived at the nieces home.  She loves the Jeep  :thumbsup: :clap:
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #22854 on: Mar 11, 2021, 02:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  37* here on the Hill this am, high of 62 expected here today.

Jeff... congrats to you and your neighbor on your trip, those LG pumpkinseeds have some thick backs and make a fine fry!  Beautiful laker, bet that fought well on the perch rod...well done!   :clap: :thumbsup:  Best of luck today if you’re heading back out!
  Dom...how are things coming along at the greenhouse? Will be looking forward to your growing season!   :thumbsup:
  H2...I had to pass on yesterday’s trip unfortunately, but will be out there today...taking off at noon today so I can get the full sunburn!   ;D  :tipup:
  Marv...hope you enjoyed your Day yesterday, was your favorite rotisserie chicken dinner on the menu?  :thumbsup:
  Steve... thanks, we are all patiently waiting each day for good reports and the opportunity to visit soon at the nursing home.  :thumbsup:
  OG...I have that light line on one of the rods I’ll be using this afternoon...will keep you posted!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...congratulation s again to you and Mr.WW on another great trip!!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Best of luck today if you’re back heading out!
  FH4...hopefully that snow won’t be an issue tomorrow....have a good wrap to the week!   :thumbsup:
  Bud... glad you had safe travels and the Jeep was happily received by your niece...very well done!!   :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:  Going to get another guided fishing trip in while you’re out there...best of luck to you if that’s on the planner! 

Totally forgot about an appointment yesterday afternoon until I got home and started getting my gear ready, must have been Spring fever....oh well, all systems go for today!  Should be able to squeeze out about a 5hr. trip today leaving work early...hope the panfish got the memo!  ;D
  Was told yesterday to dress for working outside today...not certain what we’ll be up to, but noon time I’ll waving goodbye...Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #22855 on: Mar 11, 2021, 03:35 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                     It's 35* and partly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                     Eddie.........I see NY has opened lower ages for the covid shot are you on a list so you can get in to see your mother? ::) :flex:
            Have a good afternoon trip. :thumbsup
                    Marv...........I hope you had a nice Birthday. :whistle:
                    Wally..........My two older sons went out yesterday and said the the ice got a little slushy on top but it wasn't honeycombed so it's
            holding up here. I'll find out this morning. :blink:
                    Steve..........The VA overnighted my med to me and I got it at 9 am yesterday, I am feeling better and am heading out this morning with #3
            son. :flex:
                    Bud............I'm glad to read that the Jeep is where it is intended to be, she must be very happy to have it. :clap:
                    As I said earlier I'm headed out this morning chasing some Lakers.
                    I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work r out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22856 on: Mar 11, 2021, 05:36 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

33 heading to the mid 40's. Strong west wind at 30mph.

Bud... Sorry to read your second covid shot gave you a reaction. Congrats on getting the Jeep delivered :thumbsup:

Eddie/IW.... Best of luck on the ice  :icefish: :icefish:

WW.... Did temptation win out with heading back to the lake ???

Yesterday was pretty quiet. Eddie, I did get some rotisserie chicken :roflmao: The day was bittersweet as we learned of the passing of a very good friend on the 9th. I tried to enjoy the day the best I could but as imagined I had mixed results.

Again thanks for all the Birthday wishes, pretty nice :thumbsup:

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and stay healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22857 on: Mar 11, 2021, 06:02 AM »
34* and cloudy.
IFF, hope you are feeling better. The wife should be getting her 2nd any day now.  I have my fingers crossed..
Eddie, good luck this PM.
Way to go WW. I saw 4/5 sleds down by the bridge yesterday. I don't think they were fishing (no holes), they were sitting in lawn chairs enjoying the sun.
Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l

Mr. C, I think of you on each trip down to the city. Always listen to 98.9fm when going thru the area.
Northville, NY

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22858 on: Mar 11, 2021, 06:28 AM »
Eddie the greenhouses are all starting to fill up... Been filling pots and planting for 4weeks..

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22859 on: Mar 11, 2021, 06:30 AM »
Sorry a couple pictures of my garage got in there.. ;D
 Glad most of you have got out on the ice the past couple weeks..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.