The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Lansing Hardwater  (Read 62561 times)

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lansing Hardwater
« Reply #90 on: Dec 15, 2016, 06:48 PM »
Anybody checked out Muskrat or Sleepy hollow?

Go out there and give it a look see and let us know ;)
I知 a psycho and will sleep in the parking lot so I can get out on the ice before you.

Offline Sustainable

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #91 on: Dec 15, 2016, 07:57 PM »
That is funny redbeard, you beat me to it. DNR was sitting there all by his lonesome when I showed up.

Offline compli123

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish whispering since 1962
« Reply #92 on: Dec 16, 2016, 08:18 AM »
Hey wormdunker, I've got 50' of rope. Let's take a drive today and check out Fox Knoll, Lake Lansing, Sleepy Hollow. You take one end and I''ll hold the other from shore.
I like to sit around on the ice doing nothing because my wife won't let me do it at home.

Offline Hungrysportsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #93 on: Dec 16, 2016, 08:43 AM »
Hey wormdunker, I've got 50' of rope. Let's take a drive today and check out Fox Knoll, Lake Lansing, Sleepy Hollow. You take one end and I''ll hold the other from shore.

Let me know how that goes! I was thinking about checking fox knoll (I still won't be fishing  probably until hunting is over).
Stay hungry! Like my page on Facebook! Help me grow better so I can help others grow better!

Offline wormdunker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #94 on: Dec 16, 2016, 08:54 AM »
compli123 I'm up for that but I'm pretty portly so I'll stay on bank and feed you the rope. If you're feeling lucky I think I have a 200ft anchor rope in the garage :)
Retired Great Lakes Charter Captain now want to learn Ice Fishing

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Dec 16, 2016, 10:46 AM »
C'mon guys, dintchya know all you need is one of those handy dandy floatation suits to survive on first ice.  ;D

Btw, i keep hearing about fox knoll. Where the heck is it? Can a small sub compact car park somewhere near it without getting stuck? A truck is in the works for next year guys. Keep your fingers crossed for me this year. Lol
I知 a psycho and will sleep in the parking lot so I can get out on the ice before you.

Offline Sustainable

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #96 on: Dec 16, 2016, 07:00 PM »
Anyone heading out this weekend or doing any checks? Going to be crap weather, luckily the wind seems to be keeping some lakes cleared off. Drove by interstate today, the ice looked healthy. Nice and black. I plan on taking work off Wednesday and going out with the nice weather and hopefully some great ice. I am looking forward to more ice reports.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Dec 16, 2016, 07:42 PM »
I'm going out early tomorrow morning. Not quite sure yet, as im not sure how well my tiny car will do on any backroads with all the snow. But, no matter what I'm getting out tomorrow. Ill report back later tomorrow. My buddy got on some ice in okemos today. Said it was skechy but he iced some fish.

Offline Scottman1970

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #98 on: Dec 17, 2016, 12:33 PM »
I'm from shiawassee county so I'm all for Lansing or flint ice info. Ty

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Dec 17, 2016, 01:22 PM »
Alrighty fellas, here's the scoop. Dell rd ponds - 2" of crap ice. Hawk island - 2" of crap ice. Almost gave up but then remembered last year I was the first one to stand on Park Lake. It happened again this year again fellas. Park lake has about 3" of crap by shore, but about 75 yards out turns into 5" in SOME SPOTS. The snow drifts that piled up REALLY insulated the ice. I went from 5" to ONE SPUD WACK and almost lost my damn spud. However, i got on a few fish, bite was also spotty. Jigged up a nice 15" bass on a noodle rod that was fun. However, the story from Park Lake last year proved to be consistent this year... Just because you see some crazy guy in a blue hoodie and black carhartt bibs out on the ice DOES NOT mean its safe. Some old time decided to just stroll out on to the ice no spud, no picks nothin. I told him he better walk straight back in the same tracks he made. Then JUST LIKE LAST YEAR, cars are honking people stopping yelling, and before i knew it theres 6 guys out on the ice NO SPUD, pulling a two man flip over with a power auger. Moral of the story guys, dont take my reports as a form of self confidence with you out there. What safe ice is to one person is not safe ice to the next. Today on Park was not what i consider safe. But i took every precaution to make sure i got on and off safely. Dont be stupid. Bring your spud ice picks and if you can afford it a floatation suit or even a friggin pool noodle i dont care. My butt was puckered watching these random dudes tramp around on the ice like its tip up town. RANT OVER.

Offline compli123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #100 on: Dec 17, 2016, 02:25 PM »
Rant appreciated. People need to think about stuff, that water is cold.
I like to sit around on the ice doing nothing because my wife won't let me do it at home.

Offline Sustainable

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #101 on: Dec 17, 2016, 04:05 PM »
Dude thanks for the report. That is not my style at all so I will be waiting for good ice. No ice is safe but my style is more centered around 6" to 8". Otherwise I find it hard to relax. My butt puckered reading that. I am not the type to go blazing the trail so for that I thank you. I like lots of quad and snowmobile tracks to follow haha. Maybe by Xmas eve it will be good for me. I have a Striker Climate suit enroute, can't wait! Stay safe dude.

Offline wormdunker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #102 on: Dec 18, 2016, 05:18 AM »
I'm back on line got rid of virus. I wish lease people would take up a hobby like ice fishing instead of screwing with my computer. Due to son was new job and has to go to work he has my AWD car and I have his hot rod so won't get out till at least Monday.
Retired Great Lakes Charter Captain now want to learn Ice Fishing

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #103 on: Dec 18, 2016, 05:34 AM »
I'm from shiawassee county so I'm all for Lansing or flint ice info. Ty

Have any reports to share good buddy?

Offline Scottman1970

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #104 on: Dec 19, 2016, 12:06 AM »
Not yet.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #105 on: Dec 20, 2016, 09:30 AM »
Got on lake lansing yesterday. Pretty black 3-4" by the beach. Still be careful though fellas. Anyone else have any reports one ice and the bite?

Offline compli123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #106 on: Dec 20, 2016, 09:38 AM »
Yeah, a friend of mine from the "other" board is checking several out past Sunfield. So far, he says Tamarack id getting fished but only close to sheore, same for Saubee. He's checking Tupper and Jordan and I'll pass it on when I hear. Lakes southeast around Irish Hills appear to be better (less snowfall) and Redbeard, thanks for L Lansing update. The more we share, the safer we'll all be.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #107 on: Dec 20, 2016, 11:24 AM »
Yeah, a friend of mine from the "other" board is checking several out past Sunfield. So far, he says Tamarack id getting fished but only close to sheore, same for Saubee. He's checking Tupper and Jordan and I'll pass it on when I hear. Lakes southeast around Irish Hills appear to be better (less snowfall) and Redbeard, thanks for L Lansing update. The more we share, the safer we'll all be.

Thanks alot compli! Subfield was gonna be my next stop. Little bit of a drive for me so the report helps a lot with gas and safety of course. Hopefully these rising temps dont kill the little base layer we've already made. Lets keep this thread goin guys. Also people are on Muskrat. Dont really care for that lake but i lot of people seem to enjoy it. So there ya go!

Offline Fishingixxer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #108 on: Dec 20, 2016, 08:00 PM »
How do you guys do on lake Lansing?  I fished it once from the pier caught some gills. Never got the chance to go back.  I don't even know what species are in it.

Offline Just Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #109 on: Dec 20, 2016, 08:04 PM »
How do you guys do on lake Lansing?  I fished it once from the pier caught some gills. Never got the chance to go back.  I don't even know what species are in it.

Bluegills are all Ive ever caught.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #110 on: Dec 21, 2016, 07:08 AM »

Actually a pretty healthy lake as far as numbers go. Lots of hammer handle pike gills, crappie, and even perch. Also bass of course. Theres been a few big pike caught out of there through the ice. Most notably and recent a 37" pike last year. And have seen a couple 14-15" crappie outta there. Its tough to get on em though. The biggins at least. If you live close by and just want a little practice lake to figure out over a ln extended period of time id say hit it up. But if not then i wouldnt go out of my way to fish it unless you just wanted to try a new spot or whatever. I live kinda close and going to give it a better shot this year and try and find some patterns.

Offline Fishingixxer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #111 on: Dec 21, 2016, 03:16 PM »
I don't live that far from it. 25 minutes away or so. I may go give it a shot

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #112 on: Dec 21, 2016, 05:19 PM »
Got on interstate fellas. Extremely skechy. Got on top of my first pressure crack today. Butt puckered. If you follow the shoreline out to in front of the dock where the snow has been moved around theres some okay ice. But at this point in the game, that lake isnt even worth taking your chances on. Caught a couple micro gills and a couple small bass. With this little heat wave on its way  id be even more skeched out. So lets just chalk it up and say its probably not a good idea. On that note. Havent been seeing many other ice or bite reports on the the thread so im gonna leave up to you guys for a little while to start putting your two cents in. Otherwise its not very fair to myself or the rest the dudes on the thread who are putting in the work to find the ice and the bite to report. Stay dry and tight lines fellas. Talk to you guys sometime after this heatwave maybe.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #113 on: Dec 21, 2016, 05:21 PM »
Or if anyone would like to just start up some PM's id be willing to dish out some more reports if its worth it to any of you. But at that point this whole thread would die which would kinda suck dont ya think?

Offline Just Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #114 on: Dec 21, 2016, 05:47 PM »
Havent felt comfortable getting on the ice yet oldredbeard but I do appreciate the reports, don't think we aren't greatful for what you do.

about the PM's.....maybe it's my computer, maybe its the software or whatever it's called.....but for the life of me I can not send out a PM.....didn't use to be a problem.....I sent PM's without any problem

Hoping to get out this Friday on a little lake down by Springport, hope I can contribute something to this thread then.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #115 on: Dec 21, 2016, 06:05 PM »
Havent felt comfortable getting on the ice yet oldredbeard but I do appreciate the reports, don't think we aren't greatful for what you do.

about the PM's.....maybe it's my computer, maybe its the software or whatever it's called.....but for the life of me I can not send out a PM.....didn't use to be a problem.....I sent PM's without any problem

Hoping to get out this Friday on a little lake down by Springport, hope I can contribute something to this thread then.

Your inbox may be full. You'll have to delete some old messages if so.

Offline Just Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #116 on: Dec 21, 2016, 06:10 PM »
Only kept 8 messages. Just PMd you see if it came through, or send me one to see if I get it.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #117 on: Dec 21, 2016, 06:19 PM »
Only kept 8 messages. Just PMd you see if it came through, or send me one to see if I get it.

Pm'd hope you get it figured out steve!

Offline Just Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #118 on: Dec 21, 2016, 06:24 PM »
Pm'd hope you get it figured out steve!

Got it, sent one back to you.

Thanks

Offline Hungrysportsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #119 on: Dec 21, 2016, 06:36 PM »
I appreciate the reports as well, but like mentioned, still a little early for me. I mean, it's still deer season! Haha. After next week I might be checking some stuff out.
Also, I pmd you the other day red.
Stay hungry! Like my page on Facebook! Help me grow better so I can help others grow better!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.