Author Topic: A couple southern NH spots checked (kinda)  (Read 1027 times)

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
A couple southern NH spots checked (kinda)
« on: Dec 18, 2007, 08:13 PM »
Drove by Canopeas today and saw some ice where the water came up from the weight of the snow. Saw some mobile tracks around the northern edge along the road. No signs of anyone having fished anywhere but the pump station cove area.
If you go check it often.

Squamscott river Exeter: Drove by tonight along the walk and saw no signs of anyone having been out. It looks like its good with the snow ice that was made from the last storm. I bet by this weekend (Friday night to be exact) that there will be houses deployed. Didn't see any lights way down river either. Never saw from the 101 bridge to see if river road had any activity. I'd bet anyday now though. Its been da*m cold the last few nights and looks to warm a bit for some comfortable fishing on the weekend!

Kingston Lake also has mobile tracks all over it, however check as you go because as of the first storm most of the deeper waters of the lake had just skimmed so not knowing how much ice got made after the two storms and knowing how that lake freezes, I'd be very cautious. Mobiles that don't stop put little pressure on what could be unsafe ice to walk on, so don't use there paths as an indicator.

Be safe and enjoy - it is finally an early season!

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
Re: A couple southern NH spots checked (kinda)
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2007, 08:18 PM »
Spike, I went down to river rd. almost two or three days ago and cut 6 inches of ice in the channel with my hatchet. as long as more ice was built from snow melt we are good to go fri. I will try to post a pic of the ice block I cut out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.