Author Topic: winona lake  (Read 1345 times)

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
winona lake
« on: Dec 16, 2007, 12:08 PM »
Winona Lake has 4 + " on Saturday . I saw three or four guys out last weekend on the Ashland end. I saw them stocking it very late this fall. There were a few guys out there today. Aj's has live bait, but the guy in Ashland won't until after the new year, and the bait shop on mirror lake road doesn't have live bait yet either. Both Squams have been frozen over for over a week. No idea how much,nobody has been foolish enough to go out yet !!!
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
Re: winona lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2007, 12:11 PM »
I think you saw me, I was out there from 7:30 to 10 or so I had a brown jeep parked in the lot, caught two rainbows and that was it action has been slow. had a good 7inches where I was. Lost of slush though.

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2007, 12:33 PM »
I think your right.I'm going to try to get out after work this week to test the ice on the otherend. I used to live down by the Anchorage.Did you try any salmon eggs yet? I might see you there sometome ,I live just a couple of miles away.
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2007, 12:37 PM »
I tryed Power bait,eggs and some swedish pimples, i heard that the brookies have been slamming Dillies but didnt have any on me to confirm.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.