Author Topic: reports towards amherst  (Read 2704 times)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
reports towards amherst
« on: Dec 14, 2007, 04:39 PM »
anybody have a ice report west of manchester
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: reports towards amherst
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2007, 05:30 AM »
i am off to amherst to fish baboosic.......i will give a report when i get back.........if anybody cares
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2007, 05:37 AM »
We are also headed to unknown conditions. Man is it cold and the wind is howling. Was going to go shackless but rethinking that right now.
let you know how we do.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline Salmon Seeker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish To Live Live to Fish
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2007, 06:44 AM »
i am off to amherst to fish baboosic.......i will give a report when i get back.........if anybody cares
Of course we care how you did Jibbs looks like Sunday is gonna be out for fishing gonna be Nasty   >:(
JIBBS DRILL SOME HOLES

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2007, 01:44 PM »
Just got back from Melendy in Brookline,5" and a few flags
Great to be on the ice again
Pirk
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2007, 02:16 PM »
Mr. Captspike...........it was damn cold today. the wind was blowing constant and right down the gut of baboosic..........we finished with about 18 flags and landed a whopping 15 fish.........thats quite a percentage........most of the fish were pickeral and  perch.......we did catch one decent bass that weighed in at two and half...........real slow day for baboosic however.........clear sunny skies never bodes well for me........would like to try again tomorrow, but like salmon seeker it looks like a wash.........that sucks because i have about 4 dozen left over from today.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2007, 02:20 PM »
forgot to post that baboosic had a solid 5 inches with 1 inch of white ice........plenty of snowmobile activity and plenty of people snowblowing ice rinks.

Offline anrik1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • gotch Ya !!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2007, 02:52 PM »
Hey Pirk, you went fishing and didnt stop at the Ice Hole to say Hi? ???  Just kidding, hope you did well.  see you soon.  Rick

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2007, 02:58 PM »
Hey Rick, I'll be down to see you sooner or later ;D
You been out yet?
Pirk
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline anrik1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • gotch Ya !!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2007, 04:07 PM »
not yet, I might put my bob house on Potanipo this year to keep it close. Plus when i take the kids, 6 traps each instead of 2 at Silver lake. Maybe more action to keep them interested.  see you soon

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2007, 04:21 PM »
Mr. Captspike...........it was d**n cold today. the wind was blowing constant and right down the gut of baboosic..........we finished with about 18 flags and landed a whopping 15 fish.........thats quite a percentage........most of the fish were pickeral and  perch.......we did catch one decent bass that weighed in at two and half...........real slow day for baboosic however.........clear sunny skies never bodes well for me........would like to try again tomorrow, but like salmon seeker it looks like a wash.........that sucks because i have about 4 dozen left over from today.

We ended up at Bellamy. Took a while to find a "legal" access. Three dead dear that fell thru the ice of rt9 didn't make us think we should go on there. Stoped at the bait store there and he steered us in the right direction. Could I find it again probably not as I was following another car and got turned around, lol. Barely found my way out. Anyway we had a good 6" as posted by Pipes earlier. Not too many flags but what we had produce big yellow perch, some decent crappie and some pic's of avg size. Oh yeah one lg mouth about 1.5 lbs. Basiclly the traps were not worth putting in. very slow in my opinion. Jigging however produced some good catches of Crappie and kibba's. We used dillies on various jigs and some pinhead minnows on jigs. Also got some tommy cod from the bait store and those worked well on the jigs too. My happiest moment came when I landed fish on the crappie nuggets I had just purchased (green glitter). Those and my chartruese waxies both caught fish. I had used the berkly worms before and watch the fish litterally run away from them (on the camera, really they hate them). I did however do well with the glow maggots before which is why I figured to give these new ones a try.

Felt great to be on the water, but we need more ice for my ATV so I don't have to drag that da*n heavy shack thru the snow. At first I was going to leave it and travel light but after talking with NHFishah and him saying Canopeas was brutal when he was checking it made me load the shack with heat. Although for most of the day it wasn't bad as we didn't see that much wind. Lucky spot I guess.
Next Friday is shaping up for a Friday night crappie fish, jus not sure where yet.

Spike
gallery

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2007, 04:33 PM »
you know Mr. Captspike i am only 33 years old and i am tired of pulling that darn sled already. i told myself to bring the portable and mr heater, but i said the heck with it.........it will not be that bad. well, i dealt with it and have been out in way worse, but its nice to atleast warm the cheeks, fingers, and nose. i agree with the atv comment............it makes it so much easier to do things and get around........plus i still owe 5 thousand and i used it once since last ice season........maybe thrice around the yard. i love that baby and its great when you see us coming........the wife, the dog, myself, the black sled, and the portable.......its like a train of gear. lets get together sometime and go fishing........we can stay local and you can show me the ins and outs of jigging.......even though i perfer the soaking the trap technique.......it could come in hand in a tournament or on a slow day.

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2007, 09:52 AM »
you know Mr. Captspike i am only 33 years old and i am tired of pulling that darn sled already. i told myself to bring the portable and mr heater, but i said the heck with it.........it will not be that bad. well, i dealt with it and have been out in way worse, but its nice to atleast warm the cheeks, fingers, and nose. i agree with the atv comment............it makes it so much easier to do things and get around........plus i still owe 5 thousand and i used it once since last ice season........maybe thrice around the yard. i love that baby and its great when you see us coming........the wife, the dog, myself, the black sled, and the portable.......its like a train of gear. lets get together sometime and go fishing........we can stay local and you can show me the ins and outs of jigging.......even though i perfer the soaking the trap technique.......it could come in hand in a tournament or on a slow day.

We can do that.

Spike
gallery

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.