Author Topic: Bellamy Res.  (Read 3006 times)

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
Bellamy Res.
« on: Dec 07, 2007, 08:50 PM »
Has anyone seen or been on the ice on the Bellamy res. out by barrington?

Offline pesto666

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bellamy Res.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2007, 09:49 AM »
I drove by on Saturday. Saw no signs of life from the Rte 9 bridge, and the ice looked a little sketchy.  Damn this infernal snow! If I was till snowboarding I'd be psyched. But, this is killing me. >:(

I am going to check it again durring the week. This time get out a poke some holes. I might fish it some eve. this week if I get there and I feel safe enough.
If "Ignorance is bliss", and "Patience is a virtue", does that mean you can have a pretty good life if you're kinda stupid and don't mind waiting around?

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2007, 10:39 AM »
if you were still snowboarding.......the re would be no snow.....isn't that how it works
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline pesto666

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2007, 12:27 PM »
if you were still snowboarding.......the re would be no snow.....isn't that how it works

true-dat boo, true-dat. :P

oh look....   more snow!
If "Ignorance is bliss", and "Patience is a virtue", does that mean you can have a pretty good life if you're kinda stupid and don't mind waiting around?

Offline pipes18079

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2007, 09:05 PM »
Had a good six inches here today before the snow started took quit a few crappie too.

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2007, 04:18 PM »
Had a good six inches here today before the snow started took quit a few crappie too.
Where do you fish on there for Crappie? I saw some guys years ago just on the south side of highway, but the map doesn't show much depth there. I'd think they would be towards the 20' area further to the south. What is the best access point for that end?

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2007, 07:23 PM »
spike i got your email, but i really can't help you.........sorry..... ...i only fished there a few times and i fish up by the dam and only caught bass and pickeral
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2007, 07:24 PM »
by looking at your ice fishing gallery...........i think you know what to do........great webpage and real cool pictures.

Offline pipes18079

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2007, 07:41 AM »
I fish off the back area not the rte 9 side i think its off of Nute rd. This area seems to always produce for us.

Offline fishfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2007, 04:36 PM »
I fish off the back area not the rte 9 side i think its off of Nute rd. This area seems to always produce for us.
Same here.

Offline Wakefieldfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2007, 05:14 PM »
Fished Bellamy this afternoon. Few sunfish & crappie, maybe 4" of ice max. Didn't date walk to our best spot.

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 16, 2007, 09:48 AM »
Fished Bellamy this afternoon. Few sunfish & crappie, maybe 4" of ice max. Didn't date walk to our best spot.
Where were you? We were at that Nute rd spot. Makeshift shanty had his house and I had my Otter lodge. There was a couple that came out with a clam style hut and a family that kinda winged it. We left around 2:30-3:00.\
How did you do?

Side note: In the morning when I got out of the truck I saw a flashlight in the snow. Must have been dropped the night before maybe?? Anyway I hung it on a branch of the tree hoping the original owner would find it. There were a couple guys that came down and fished the red hut that is permanently there and the other folks in the afternoon. A few more vehicles came down for a look see thru the day. When I got back to my truck the flashlight was gone. I sure hope the guy that lost it got it back and someone else didn't just spot it and take it. Oh well as my buddy said you wont know and all you can do is know you did the right thing.
Then again if it was a $100 bill I'm not sure I would have hung it on a tree branch. Maybe take it and if anyone posted about losing it then give it up. But hey I'm like that.

Spike

gallery

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2007, 11:54 AM »
Any of you guys game for an IS meet at bellamy next weekend?

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2007, 03:43 PM »
mr. captspike..........tha ts what good guys do.......and somehow it all comes back around

Offline Wakefieldfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2007, 07:35 PM »
Spike - We were the couple who came out in the afternoon. Never done too well later in the day at Bellamy. Not sure why.

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 17, 2007, 05:47 AM »
Spike - We were the couple who came out in the afternoon. Never done too well later in the day at Bellamy. Not sure why.

It slowed right down for us around noon but we didn't move to find them either. i wonder how the night bite there is?

Spike
gallery

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.