Author Topic: the last hurrah !!  (Read 2102 times)

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
the last hurrah !!
« on: Mar 13, 2009, 06:00 PM »
I'M THINKING THIS WEEKEND MIGHT BE THE END OF THE SEASON FOR ME.....i have 3 days of fishing planned counting today..which was a bust ..the fishless brown strikes again lol tomorrow i'm headed to a local pond and meeting nhbass and his dad who is my brother and the guy responsible for bringing me into the great outdoors many moons ago ..also kissmybass and brother dan buddy ryan and another old timer glen ..we will be angling for some big greenies !!the pond has given up 2 fish over 8lbs (large mouth) neither caught by me and a crappie that grazed the state record by fractions of a pound ..in the past. i'm aiming high and hoping for a miracle ..never know !!
        then sunday i'm headed to jamestown !! ;D merrimeeting... with the dream of a monster bow !
after that i'm calling it for the year as i have fished every weekend since the 3rd week in december and been neglecting some of the regular maintanance issues around the house and gotta get them caught up or there will be salmon and trout season issues !!!!!!!and i'll have none of that
                                                                              FINLESS ;)

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: the last hurrah !!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2009, 07:17 PM »
i have fished every weekend since the 3rd week in december and been neglecting some of the regular maintanance issues around the house and gotta get them caught up or there will be salmon and trout season issues !!!!!!!and i'll have none of that
         FINLESS ;)

I hear ya...When you're an addict like me it's tough to get things done at home.  M-F is work.... Sat/Sun is Fishing  ;D ....

There's gotta be an extra day in the week to get things done around home...But then again, if there was an extra day, I'd probably fish ::) :laugh:

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2009, 07:53 PM »
Jamestown Finless ? You want me to bring some cool aid for everyone ;D lol

james

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2009, 08:27 PM »
i thought you would get a kick outta that james  ;D

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2009, 01:25 PM »
This will probably be it for me as well, the sun is getting stronger every day now and the water temps have started rising, so its almost trout time on the androscoggin ;D

james

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2009, 04:15 PM »
I spent today installing the new downriggers on my boat, getting the motor running, airing out the cabin and getting the crappy mothballs out of there and I am looking forward to open water.

Its been a fun winter guys, I appreciated all the info you all shared and I look forward to next winter already. I have packed away all my ice gear!!

Now its open water season and 15 or so days until we can start getting Salmon!! Mmmmm yummy!!!

See you over on fishlakewinni or the myfishfinder site.

-Scott

Offline wautuhguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2009, 06:02 PM »
I'm done.Started those chores today.Snow receding to reveal tremendous mess from ice storm.Good luck to all who venture out on thinning ice.Be safe.See you on fishfinder and at winni derby.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2009, 06:10 PM »
I'm done.Started those chores today.Snow receding to reveal tremendous mess from ice storm.Good luck to all who venture out on thinning ice.Be safe.See you on fishfinder and at winni derby.
nothing thin about the ice in the lakes region....we were on roughly 16 to 18 of hard ice.....the ice was perfect for walking and fishing......a small 1/2 crust layer of snow and no water......awesome day....i am going back next weekend for sure
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline wautuhguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2009, 06:48 PM »
nothing thin about the ice in the lakes region....we were on roughly 16 to 18 of hard ice.....the ice was perfect for walking and fishing......a small 1/2 crust layer of snow and no water......awesome day....i am going back next weekend for sure
All ice fishing seasons come to an end.Have fun and be safe jibbs.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2009, 06:49 PM »
All ice fishing seasons come to an end.Have fun and be safe jibbs.
thanks.....don't get me wrong i am done, but the opportunity is there to catch another big fish out of that pond
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 14, 2009, 08:53 PM »
thanks.....don't get me wrong i am done, but the opportunity is there to catch another big fish out of that pond

Yes there is....Same time next week  ;D..... I dunno about a repeat on the numbers? But next weekend will be the one for Lunker of the season  ;)

Offline Rob F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Quit Wishin, Go Fishing!!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 16, 2009, 11:46 AM »
Yep, my last hardwater trip may have been yesterday, can't get out next week. Ended nicely though with a 6.02 largie on Phillips. Didn't have anyone to take pic though..  :-[

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #12 on: Mar 16, 2009, 11:48 AM »
im going to hit the ice hard this week hopefully ill get that big brown ive been waiting patiently for

Catch A Buzz

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
« Reply #13 on: Mar 16, 2009, 02:48 PM »
I am hoping for at least 5 more times out, maybe driving north but that's OK
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

Offline geo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 17, 2009, 10:08 AM »
I'm headed to drews setback for some march pike madness. then the next two weekends will be spent up around plymouth trying for the big bow of the season. i'm trying to fish until the beginning of April, if the weather lets me. i started nov 23 and want a few april trips, after that the trout and salmon better start sweating!

Offline NHHawkeye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Mar 18, 2009, 11:51 AM »
Anyone been up to the setback at Piermont?  Is there still good ice?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.