Author Topic: What's new for 2020/2021?  (Read 49357 times)

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: What's new for 2020/2021?
« Reply #60 on: Aug 19, 2020, 09:31 PM »
 yikes, those white flips seem like a real bad idea.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 2019/2020 Clam Catalog
« Reply #61 on: Aug 20, 2020, 01:30 AM »
The catalog that was linked to is last years catalog. Yes the new stuff should be released for Clam at I would guess around noon as this is when the pro day is suppose to end and after that wraps up the website should be back working. there is a fair amount of new stuff this year and I think some of it people will like because other companies are not offering a item like it that I know of but then I could be wrong too. I can give more details about what I am talking about after noon tomorrow. there is stuff I will be running this year and am looking forward to it. there is also a couple special items that are coming out that will be a one season only deal more on that tomorrow too.

so most of you have had a chance to check out the Clam web site by now and have seen the new stuff for this year. so when I said there was going to be a few one season only items I was referring to the 3 40th Anniversary Fish Traps. I am personally thinking of picking up one of the anniversary Scout XL's and just keeping it as a collectors item. as for them being the white tents that was done to create the retro look of Dave Genz's first Fish Trap he sold to the public back in 1980. The red accent on it does help with the visiblity issue when the snow is blowing plus as you can see there was a safety flag added to it. so some of the other stuff I will be using this year will be the new gold colored mono line. I was able to test a spool of it out late year and I really liked how it helped with being able to tie the different knots. with clear mono I have a hard time seeing the line sometimes and with having the gold coloring now helps fix that issue for me. next biggest things I am looking to try this up coming season is the new hub accessories. Really like the option of having the shelf or the rod holder or the rattle reels for the hubs now. only thing I would like to see added to this is a variation of the rattle reel where it can be placed on the hub of the roof instead of the wall of the hub so a person could hook a spearing decoy to it. I am planning to talk with the R&D guys and suggest this. it would just be a matter of adding one more bend to the mounting arm to be able to do this so the reel sits in the right direction. Another thing that I am rally looking forward to is the new cover that fits over the drill plate and drill. what I have done the past couple season was to put a cover from a gas auger over it but now it is nice to have a actual cover made specifically for the drill and drill plate. anonther drill relate thing I am looking to try out is the new gear box. yes I will be the first to say that mistakes were made with the first gear box a couple years back but this new one is all together different in that the design is totally different and the interal parts are beefier. only potential negative to the new gear box is that it will be slow turning but will have way more torque. the ratio is like 3.6 to 1. As for new tackle items I think the new Tikka Mino will be a big hit this year since it is a one piece design made from zinc and not lead so this is a plus if you have to use only lead free tackle in your area. the other big plus for it is the fact that the fins on it are not plastic like the ripping raps. It would take a lot to break off a fin on one of the Tikka's
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #62 on: Aug 21, 2020, 09:24 AM »

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Aug 21, 2020, 09:52 PM »
I thought those new Marcum’s with the mapping sounded great, until it said it was navionics. I say bird still has the upper hand because of the lake masters maps.

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Aug 21, 2020, 11:44 PM »
Here's something for those that are running the sonar/gps units on the blue boxes that want more run time out of
your units. It extends your blue box to fit the wider 12v 18ah batteries.
https://www.facebook.com/189949278251347/posts/715868715659398/

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #65 on: Aug 22, 2020, 08:20 AM »
Here's something for those that are running the sonar/gps units on the blue boxes that want more run time out of
your units. It extends your blue box to fit the wider 12v 18ah batteries.
https://www.facebook.com/189949278251347/posts/715868715659398/

https://www.iceholepower.com/product-page/blue-box-extender
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #66 on: Aug 22, 2020, 02:56 PM »

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Aug 23, 2020, 06:56 AM »
I was at the Catch Cover office where the guys were making prototypes of their sleeve cover years ago. The unit like Svens was the first prototype, they look great and super easy to make, but they did not allow for adequate airflow and holes froze over too fast. I will stay with my Catch Cover ones.

Offline happyheber

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!

Offline Maineguy93

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Aug 23, 2020, 08:10 PM »
Saw this some time ago... neat idea

That’s an awesome idea! Thanks for the link hardwater

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #70 on: Aug 24, 2020, 06:23 PM »
Looks like Striker Ice is adding a line cutter to the zipper pull

From SI on FB
We are very excited to team up with Line Cutterz, LLC. to bring ice anglers something never seen before on ice fishing apparel - a built-in Zipper Pull!

As seen on Shark Tank and already popular among open water anglers across the U.S. - this zipper pull quickly and conveniently cuts through any monofilament, fluorocarbon, and braided line like a knife through butter.

It's included on our brand new Hardwater Jacket and Bib, Climate Stryk Jacket, Predator Stryk Jacket, and Women's Prism Jacket. Bring on the ice!

Looks like you can get it as a add on

https://www.linecutterz.com/collections/featured-products/products/line-cutterz-zipper-pull-cutter

https://www.amazon.com/Line-Cutterz-Ceramic-Zipper-Cutter/dp/B07Q422D63

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #71 on: Aug 26, 2020, 01:33 PM »
Not sure its all that much different then past model ..has infared now

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #72 on: Aug 26, 2020, 01:51 PM »
The new line up

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #73 on: Aug 26, 2020, 02:45 PM »

Offline Maineguy93

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Aug 26, 2020, 07:54 PM »
Looks like MrHeaters website is finally back up after updating...$315 for the flex system 😮

https://www.mrheater.com/product/heaters/buddy-flex-system.html

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #75 on: Aug 26, 2020, 09:54 PM »
Not sure its all that much different then past model ..has infared now

I own a Fish Scout 800. Besides the IR lights (mine is LED) if I heard him right, he said that cable is 90ft, I believe mine is 60ft. I don't see any other differences.

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Sep 01, 2020, 01:54 PM »
Eurotackle has a new, smaller version of the Z-viber coming out this year: https://www.eurotackle.net/collections/z-series/products/z-viber-micro

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #77 on: Sep 01, 2020, 03:30 PM »

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Sep 02, 2020, 07:57 AM »

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline Fishtrekker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Sep 02, 2020, 03:46 PM »
Looks like MrHeaters website is finally back up after updating...$315 for the flex system 😮

https://www.mrheater.com/product/heaters/buddy-flex-system.html

Thankfully I have seen a couple places now at the $150 price point for just the heater and $70 for the cooker. Just wondering is they have MAP pricing or why their dealers are so much lower then what is listed on Mr. Heaters website.

Here is Home Depots ad: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Mr-Heater-11-000-BTU-Buddy-FLEX-Portable-Propane-Radiant-Heater-Massachusetts-Version-MH11BFLEX/313602394

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #81 on: Sep 02, 2020, 05:39 PM »
 seen this on the Cabelas page in Canada. New Eskimo eskape  flip over with side door.
https://www.cabelas.ca/product/141745/eskimo-eskape-2800-ice-shelter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #84 on: Sep 02, 2020, 07:41 PM »
 StrikeMaster Lite-Flite Lazer 24V Lithium-ion Electric Ice Auger Kit

Looks to be very completive to a cordless drill setup if your just starting out

Harnessing the most modern technology available, StrikeMaster's 24V Lithium Lite-Flite LazerTM cuts 50 holes on a single charge using the 8" auger, while the 6" auger drills 100 holes on a single charge (based on repeated tests through 16" of ice). And it doesn’t matter if its 30°F below or 30°F above. This thing rips no matter the temperature.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/strikemaster-lite-flite-lazer-24v-lithium-ion-electric-ice-auger-kit?a=2231792

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #85 on: Sep 02, 2020, 07:49 PM »
StrikeMaster Lite-Flite Lazer 24V Lithium-ion Electric Ice Auger Kit

Looks to be very completive to a cordless drill setup if your just starting out

Harnessing the most modern technology available, StrikeMaster's 24V Lithium Lite-Flite LazerTM cuts 50 holes on a single charge using the 8" auger, while the 6" auger drills 100 holes on a single charge (based on repeated tests through 16" of ice). And it doesn’t matter if its 30°F below or 30°F above. This thing rips no matter the temperature.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/strikemaster-lite-flite-lazer-24v-lithium-ion-electric-ice-auger-kit?a=2231792
lightweight,priced decent too.might put my drill,clam plate up for sale.i used a 40 volt last year,it cut so smooth but a tad slower Than my drill setup and kind of heavy.this new 24 only weighs 14lbs.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #86 on: Sep 02, 2020, 07:54 PM »
lightweight,priced decent too.might put my drill,clam plate up for sale.i used a 40 volt last year,it cut so smooth but a tad slower Than my drill setup and kind of heavy.this new 24 only weighs 14lbs.

Sure to be some videos out soon enough ...sure some deals to be had as the season moves on .

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #88 on: Sep 03, 2020, 01:07 PM »
Sure to be some videos out soon enough ...sure some deals to be had as the season moves on .

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #89 on: Sep 03, 2020, 01:09 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.