Author Topic: what would you use  (Read 1781 times)

Offline frozenstiff

• IceShanty Rookie
what would you use
« on: Feb 04, 2005, 10:07 PM »
what would you use to chum gills. i fish a 70 acre lake  it is no deeper than 15 feet. and i have tryed fishing all over it but only caught one gill he was 7 or so in so not too bad but thats the only one for the amount of time i have put in. i have tryed where i always caught them in the summer should they still be in that area?               

thanks frozenstiff

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
Re: what would you use
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2005, 05:39 PM »
Never done it before but some say corn meal works. I wouldn't use actual corn since I've been told they can't digest the hull and they die when it blocks them up.

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2005, 12:25 PM »
I've heard stories about using corn meal as well. Never tried it....never had to. ;D
RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2005, 09:03 PM »
At one time we used oatmeal. Stuff sinks slowly in the water column, really screwed up the signal on my old green box though. Wouldn't claim that it helped much on 'gills (didn't really hurt either) but did seem to help draw crappies at night with a little light deflected down the hole. Can make for a messy  hole.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.