Author Topic: lake Erie reports (camp perry or catawba)  (Read 4350 times)

hot rod h

lake Erie reports (camp perry or catawba)
« on: Jan 26, 2004, 08:39 AM »
Just whating to see what happen this weekend.  Where was the best bite and what were the catching them on.  Planning a trip here in the near future so any info would be greatly appreciated.

WalleyeWiz

Re:lake Erie reports (camp perry or catawba)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2004, 12:04 PM »
14 guys had to be rescued yesterday in the Catwba area.Never take the ice for granted out there.I have seen ice go from 14 inches to 2 inches in a matter of a few feet.

Good luck and keep your feet on the ice.

Capt`n Dwayne
WalleyeWiz Guide Service

Tazman 1

« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2004, 02:55 PM »
I was hoping for afew reports to ,trying to decide to go up or not

Offline ultralight

• IceShanty Rookie
  • .......get the gaff......
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2004, 08:09 PM »
Hey WalleyeWiz, You say you are a guide service? Is that for ice or water? I'd like some  info on price and what you supply. Where do you go out of? I'm from IN but fish Erie as often as i can. Go out of Wildwings campground in spring and use the Sassy Sal in summer. Somewhat familiar with western basin. Any info would be great.          ultralight        (Brad)

WalleyeWiz

« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2004, 06:13 PM »
Brad, I do charters during the open water season on Erie.I run trips catering to smaller groups of people(1-4 guys per trip) for a lower rate.I fish out of a 25ft Hydra-Sport that I trailer to different ports.I follow the fish from the West(during the spring) to the East(as the fish move during the summer).

If you would like more info ,email me at   [email protected]

Thanks
Capt`n Dwayne
WalleyeWiz Guide Service

fgmchief

Re: lake Erie reports (camp perry or catawba)
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2004, 05:55 PM »
went to camp perry last sunday, little worried to go past the crack about 3 miles out, did anyway and had no luck. Think we were out about 4 miles, ice was 12'' thick and in good shape. gonna go out to the fish this weekend, seen quite a few brave souls all the way to put in bay.FOUND OUT THAT YOU CAN GO TO CAMP PERRY NOW, they have rooms for rent and you can make reservations. Good friend coming up from virginia in a week and would appreciate any news about how good the fish are biting and where. Becareful and good luck!!!

Offline bayman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2004, 05:55 PM »
BE CAREFUL EAST WIND OPENED THE CRACKS AGIAN 6 GUYS HAD TO BE FLOWN OFF YESTERDAY 02/05/04 FISHINGS SLOW ANYHOW
SEE YA
BAYMAN

Offline Reel_Magic

• IceShanty Rookie
  • First one out Last one back!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2004, 08:27 PM »
Fished hard today Bob and I got 9 between us. A few fish among the clients. I plan on leaving the dock at 06:30 Sunday. Some really nice fish!!!

corn_stalk

« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2004, 07:56 AM »
Hey Reel Magic

What docks or port are you going out from and how far can you get out?  Thanks for any info.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.