Author Topic: My Indian Trip  (Read 1281 times)

Offline 1977 Walleye Guy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Here fishy, fishy, fishy!!!
My Indian Trip
« on: Feb 03, 2007, 06:57 PM »
Well we started the morning off at Moundwood......NADA. There was ruffly 7 or so shanties and about that many bucket sitters. I never seen a fish hit the ice. Was that wind howling or what!!! :o   Left there and headed for Blackhawk looking for some shelter. Hit the ice around 11ish and stayed until 3 or so. I cought a couple of nice 8in. bluegill and one dink.  I didn't notice anyone else catching much of anything either.

On our way out, Noticed a pile of dink crappie,bluegill someone left lying on the ice...... >:( that's truely sad..... :'(

Stopped by Mike's, before heading home. He said he had a fella in there earlier with a sack full of gills, said he cought them at blackhawk. Mike said the fella knows the area well though. Oh well, maybe next time!! :)

Jason

It's the hunt, not the harvest that matter's most!!

Offline Peshewa

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: My Indian Trip
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2007, 07:21 PM »
  Jason...Thanks for the call earlier!..I sure aprecciate it.I did get out then..A buddy and I hit a local quarry at 4:40 and fished till about 6:45..Nothing going on there either...It sucked..At least we were down out of the wind!!.We never even iced a fish...Did mark a few but that was it......I think this cursed COLD weather just shut the bite down........Not sure what I will do tomorrow...I still have some thinking and checking to do before I decide...The thing to do is probably sleep in and stay where its warm!!....lol..When this wind/ weather breaks we should have great ice and some good fishing...........Keep in touch....Len

Offline 1977 Walleye Guy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Here fishy, fishy, fishy!!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2007, 07:47 PM »
No problem Len. Think I'm gonna lay low(sleep in) ;D tomarrow also.  Give me a hollar if something comes up.

Jason
It's the hunt, not the harvest that matter's most!!

Offline perchguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2007, 08:44 AM »
Fishing been a little slow at Indian for me two.would love to find those jumbo perch in that lake next week. ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.