Author Topic: North Idaho Ice  (Read 536672 times)

Offline JimBob2

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: North Idaho Ice
« Reply #4710 on: Jan 31, 2023, 11:11 PM »
Yeah some people think it's all about them. Sorry they felt it necessary to do that 

Offline SpudIce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4711 on: Jan 31, 2023, 11:17 PM »
Yeah some people think it's all about them. Sorry they felt it necessary to do that

I appreciate that, and yes...very unnecessary.  Glad it is possibly repairable. 

Offline JimBob2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4712 on: Jan 31, 2023, 11:30 PM »
 :clap:

Offline BTS1889

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4713 on: Feb 01, 2023, 06:54 PM »
Anyone been on Kelso / Granite recently?

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4714 on: Feb 01, 2023, 10:07 PM »
I doubt it's safe on this end of the lake but the sportsman's access is definitely frozen
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline houlzhouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4715 on: Feb 02, 2023, 06:38 PM »
How's the bite at sportsmens park?

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4716 on: Feb 02, 2023, 06:59 PM »
Slow from what I have been hearing
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline Mr_Ice_Guy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4717 on: Feb 02, 2023, 08:39 PM »
New to fishing North Idaho. With Hauser how far out from the dock is recommend and how deep is it? any tips?

Offline JimBob2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4718 on: Feb 02, 2023, 09:46 PM »
About 50 yds min, 25 feet deep just find the areas with multiple holes and usually there are signs of carnage. lol

Offline Jake2929

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4719 on: Feb 06, 2023, 09:41 PM »
Fished lower twin on Saturday. 12”-13” of ice. Slow day… picked up a few small perch.

What’s everyone’s go to lake for quality and quantity???

Offline Ratso-jig

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4720 on: Feb 07, 2023, 10:55 AM »
Jake.  I fish lower twin a lot.  Took me awhile find nice perch.   Perch 8 inches and better is  what I shoot for.   

Offline TwoBucketBruce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4721 on: Feb 07, 2023, 03:10 PM »
I haven't been able to find the crappie and bluegill in Hauser this winter, just perch. Has anyone caught any crappie in Hauser? Maybe the tiger musky got'em all!

Offline Ratso-jig

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4722 on: Feb 07, 2023, 03:47 PM »
Twobuckect.  I fished Hauser before light one day.  Caught a bluegill then perch moved in.  Talk to a guy fins and feathers found crappie but didn't say where.  I try it after dark and perch may calm down..  my son and I caught some lower twin but at night.   
Jim

Offline Davedb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4723 on: Feb 07, 2023, 10:29 PM »
Fished spirit last week 10 1/2 inches of ice…bottom 4 black the rest clear good ice…caught a few bluebacks 8-10 inches…late afternoon got a 27 inch cut bow the best fish I have pulled through ice…
I tried to add a picture… sorry don’t know how too…

Offline TwoBucketBruce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4724 on: Feb 09, 2023, 10:09 AM »
Twobuckect.  I fished Hauser before light one day.  Caught a bluegill then perch moved in.  Talk to a guy fins and feathers found crappie but didn't say where.  I try it after dark and perch may calm down..  my son and I caught some lower twin but at night.   
Jim
Ratso, thanks for the feedback. The crappie "should be" in the deeper, warmer part of Hauser Lake and I thought I knew where that was but can't find'em there. Maybe they're feeding mostly at night, I haven't tried night fishing but i may have to. They've gotta be there somewhere!

Offline Jigginman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4725 on: Feb 09, 2023, 11:51 AM »
I've caught a few crappie out of Hauser this year off on the left hand side of the lake in the same depth as the perch. Haven't really hooked into a huge mess of them as the perch bite was so heavy, but the ones I did get were big ol' paper lips. This was during mid morning. Haven't tried night time for them out on Hauser, but typically been more successful with crappies through the ice at night in general. Typically usually know who the crappie fisherman are because they are the ones heading out onto the ice when the rest are leaving for the evening.

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4726 on: Feb 09, 2023, 11:56 AM »
I haven't been able to find the crappie and bluegill in Hauser this winter, just perch. Has anyone caught any crappie in Hauser? Maybe the tiger musky got'em all!
I have caught lots of blue gills in much shallower water than the perch bite.  Try area about 10 to 12 feet of water near weeds.  Use small glow, demons worked for me.  Crappie were rare for me, but they are in there.

Offline 3dClays

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4727 on: Feb 09, 2023, 05:04 PM »
I caught a few 8ish inch Bluegill a couple weeks back on Hauser. I was in 15 fow, they were suspended at about 8' down. Caught a few Perch in the same hole. No crappie though.

Offline JimBob2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4728 on: Feb 10, 2023, 07:57 PM »
Fished spirit last week 10 1/2 inches of ice…bottom 4 black the rest clear good ice…caught a few bluebacks 8-10 inches…late afternoon got a 27 inch cut bow the best fish I have pulled through ice…
I tried to add a picture… sorry don’t
know how too…

Were you fishing off of the Maiden Rock launch? Are you using sonar? And if so did you see fish but no bite?
I know a lot of questions, I would like to figure those blue back out that was my main ice fishing for years. I hope they are done planting Chinook in there, that was the beginning of the end of the good blueback fishing. They just needed to put fishing pressure on the blueback to get their size up, in my opinion. Well sorry to rant, I just miss my blueback fishing.

Offline Davedb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4729 on: Feb 10, 2023, 11:31 PM »
Were you fishing off of the Maiden Rock launch? Are you using sonar? And if so did you see fish but no bite?
I know a lot of questions, I would like to figure those blue back out that was my main ice fishing for years. I hope they are done planting Chinook in there, that was the beginning of the end of the good blueback fishing. They just needed to put fishing pressure on the blueback to get their size up, in my opinion. Well sorry to rant, I just miss my blueback fishing.

I was at bronze bay went straight out from ramp no takers then headed east…and yes I have a flasher started seeing fish at 15-25 feet….the bite was sporadic every 15-30 minutes… using a small jig tipped with spicks behind a 18 inch leader and dodger… the bite was lite had to be watching the rod tip to see and feel the bite…I like catching bluebacks… would like catching chinooks too if they’d bite… just wish the bluebacks could get to a decent size..

Offline JimBob2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4730 on: Feb 11, 2023, 12:56 AM »
Thanks for the info. I might try it on Sunday. I wish they were bigger also.

Offline plfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4731 on: Feb 11, 2023, 01:15 PM »
Fished Upper Twin for the first time yesterday.  Went out straight from the boat launch and had some tip ups and jigged a bit.  No flags but I’m not sure if we were in a pike spot or not. Jigging was VERY productive for perch 6” and less further out (Well over 150 caught by 4 of us). Couldn’t believe we had all small ones and nothing of size to eat.  One of our group did land a decent sized rainbow. 

Offline FinBear

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4732 on: Feb 12, 2023, 01:14 PM »
Got out on Cocollala both Friday and Saturday (2/10, 2/11) afternoon. Ice is a solid 9 inches measured lots of visible cracks but all are refrozen, it is slick as an ice skating rink so bring trax. Friday got 13 in 2 hours. Saturday we moved 100ft and got 60 in 2 hrs. All decent size.

Offline Ratso-jig

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4733 on: Feb 12, 2023, 04:38 PM »
Thanks for info finbear.  Fished lower twin.  Lots of ice still.  No pike few perch and a couple crappie.   

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4734 on: Feb 14, 2023, 11:03 AM »

[/quote]In 40 years, I've never actually had this happen.  As a bright spot, I'm glad that person used a chainsaw for the hole and not an auger as it might actually be able to be repaired. 

But, if that person is here and reads this....that was a messed up choice.  I'd like to think all users of ice can get along much better than that!
[/quote]

Using a chain saw is a messed up choice too.  They will likely end up in prison soon, so be of good cheer!

Offline Bonaro70

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4735 on: Feb 15, 2023, 05:41 PM »
Does anyone have a Cocolalla Lake fishing report from the last few days?  Ice still good?  Any perch bite?

Offline JimBob2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4736 on: Feb 16, 2023, 01:20 AM »
Does anyone have a Cocolalla Lake fishing report from the last few days?  Ice still good?  Any perch bite?
I read one earlier, 9-10" measured ice, good perch bite but had to move once.

Offline Idahoice77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4737 on: Feb 16, 2023, 09:13 PM »
Anyone planning on going to cocolla this weekend?

Offline Idaho Panhandler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4738 on: Feb 17, 2023, 09:06 PM »
Is slush starting to become a problem with these warmer temps or are things still holding up pretty well?
Specifically Gamlin, avondale, mirror, houser...

Offline dudemandude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4739 on: Feb 17, 2023, 11:31 PM »
Was on Hauser and Fernan today ice is holding up well, ice is 9 inches on both lakes, 3 ices of clear at bottom, 6 inches of slushy frozen ice. The ice on the shore line on both is melting but still safe. If we have more warm weather will become unsafe. Wear your ice picks and invest in a spud bar.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.