Vermont > Ice Fishing Vermont

Help on Echo Lake in Plymouth

(1/5) > >>

Kapt:
Hey gang, I took a ride up to Echo this past weekend from Ct to check out the access and look for a bait shop. My parents built a small house on Okemo back in 1979 and I've been spending many weekends up there this fall doing repairs.

Anyhow, seing as I have a free place to stay, and it's only a 2 hour hop from home, I plan on hitting Echo and Amherst on Rt 100 this ice season. I know the new bait rules are in affect so I need a shop close to Ludlow. The other info I'm looking for and having a hard time coming by is a depth chart for both. I remember years ago seeing the local guys jigging smelt right off of the ramp on Echo and know it holds Trout (all kinds) and Salmon but the local guys only seemed interested in the smelt.

Can anyone help me out on a local bait shop and maybe some tips on those bodies of water? I plan on hitting Echo first, jigging some smely and then running them on tip up,s for trout/salmon (CPR, catch, photo, release). Also, are quads allowed on these bodies of water? I would love to hook up with some of you VT guys if you fish these areas.

Thanks for the help, if you ever want to fish CT, fresh or saltwater, catch me on www.ctfisherman.com and I can help you out.

See ya on the ice!  :tipup:

purple:
1st buy a depth finder,learn how to jig(no bait shops opened in vt.any longer)and leave the quad on your trailer and walk.enjoy fishing in vt :o

andy VT:
there is toms bait in castleton VERMONT about 35 min from there

Kapt:
  1st buy a depth finder,learn how to jig(no bait shops opened in vt.any longer)and leave the quad on your trailer and walk.enjoy fishing in vt 

Thanks purple! Your not purple from a lack of oxygen are you?  ::)

Thanks Andy, still a hike but an option. I'm hoping that I can find someone local but understand the new reg's are making it tough on you guy's, dealers and anglers. Hope it all works out. I spent 4 years in the USAF on Plattsburgh AFB NY and saw the problems with Lamprey Eel, still a problem. Lets hope this problem can be kept in check for everyones sake.

FWIW, got all the toys, know how to fish, just wanted some basic info to enjoy the sport in a new area. My offer stands for anyone from the north country wanted tips or help from my side in CT. We have a very good fishery "down here".

Flag Up!  :tipup:

Trooper Bri:
You are itching to fish up there. Excellent !!  :tipup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version