Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Equipment

Vaccum Sealing and Freezing Fish

(1/7) > >>

mod_auger:
I was wondering how many people out there freeze their fillets, and use a vaccum sealer to do so. I've been looking at buying one for quite some time, and was wondering what everyone's experiences or opinions are on this topic.

mngonefishing:
we bought one in 93. when i lived in AK we used it all the time. now we are lucky if we use it 3x a month. it will keep your fish & game about 2 - 3 x longer then just butcher paper. almost all the fish i keep now is eaten right away. we have some moose that is about 2 yrs old and it is still good.

Bean:
I bought one before deer season last year and I really like it. I vacuum packed my deer cuts from last year and those packages are still good. I buy a lot of chicken when it is on sale and always vacuum pack it. Also, did the same with sweet corn so I can have "fresh" sweet corn during the winter. Tastes as good as it did coming off the cobb. It will pay for itself in few years I think.

cold_feet:
Bean
We just orderd on 2 days ago waiting for it to come in.Cann't wait to try it out on the fish and deer and the homemade sausage ect.
Cold Feet

Jam_Jam:
I've been thinking about buying one but I'm wondering if they do as good a job as the commercial vacuum sealers (or at least close)? Also, how have you found the cost when you factor in the special bags they require.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version