Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Augers

Best Alternative to a K-drill auger

(1/2) > >>

Skywagon:
I am currently using an 8 1/2" K-drill auger in my permanent shack.  The shack stays in the same spot all winter, so the holes are re-drilled every time.  I occasionally use my 8" Strikemaster electric auger, it cut holes quicker than the K-drill.  My question is: what would be a better 8" replacement auger for the K-drill that re-drills holes quicker and would work with the Clam plate?  Thank you for any first hand information you might be able to provide.

hardwater diehard:
I think the K-Drill would be best for redrilling old holes over the lazer/curved or flat/shver blades ie Pistol Bit.

Sam Gee:
StrikeMaster lite flite 8". I have mine on a clam plate, it cuts great. I haven't tried drilling over old holes yet but it's supposed to work just fine.

Skywagon:
Re-drilling holes is the issue, that is all the auger will be used for.

badbrad2186:
Nordic Legend Hardware Lite E-Drill - Cordless Nylon Ice Drill Auger with Centering Point Blade, 8" Ice Auger Bit with Drill Adapter & Top Plate for Ice Fishing https://a.co/d/5FGWdOw

I bought this and attached it to my clam plate got the 8" version paid $60 when it was on sale out of season but $109 is a good price on it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version