New York > Ice Fishing New York

what drill to get

(1/17) > >>

trapper2000:
i have a  great gas auger and  i don't mind  using it .... and  i  don't mind  using the  5 inch hand  auger  but i'm really thinking i want a  electric  drill auger ....any suggestions on  a  drill ....i was right at lowes  but i don't want to buy  the wrong  drill for the  job ....be specifice   because i'm a  old fart  thanks  guys

Iceassin:
Honestly, just about any major brand drill will work. I've seen guys use all makes with no real issues. But, what you need: 100# of torque for every inch of auger you're using...18V minimum...4ah battery minimum.

I have been using the Ryobi P251 for several years now and have had 0 problems. 1)750# of torque turns my 8" auger easily. 2) Comes with the auxillary handle 3) And the batteries are interchangeable with the other Ryobi products I have.

One other FYI. I don't think it matters what drill you choose and use... ya' just can't lay on these things when cutting holes. Ice is similar to concrete imo. Slow as she goes...especially with thicker ice. I do some up and down motion when drilling just to ease the stress on the drill and prolong the life of the battery a bit. No matter how slow I go, it's still faster and easier than doing it by hand.

Hope this helps.

reeleyz:
I'm still running the Milwaukee Fuel 18v hammer drill with the original clam plate. I have it on a 7" lazer power auger. I've been running it since 2015 with no issues.

hardwater diehard:
Dewalt DCD991

Dewalt DCD996

Dewalt DCD997

Dewalt DCD998 must use 6ah or better Flexvolt battery to achieve the higher advertised torque

Dewalt DCD999 must use 6ah or better Flexvolt battery to achieve the higher advertised torque

Milwaukee 2804-20

Milwaukee 2803-20

Milwaukee 2904-20

Milwaukee 2903-20

Spec for the proper drill

18V or Higher Brushless Drill

5 Amp Hour or Higher Battery

1/2” Chuck Type

Side Stabilizer /  Handle

Minimum Torque Rating of 84 Nm / 750 in. lbs/800 UWO

DRILL SETTING ....DRILL MODE.. Speed Setting 1  NO HAMMEER MODE !!!

Petercos22:
I do OK with a Kobalt 24V brushless. Well priced and been as good as needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version