New York > Ice Fishing New York

cleaning and keeping fish

<< < (16/18) > >>

trapper2000:

--- Quote from: WARRIOR_ON_ICE on Dec 07, 2022, 05:14 PM ---I don't know if it is allowed or not, and I don't ask. They probably never thought to put it in their rules, as they do with smoking. The reason smoking is prohibited in motels, and they can charge you a stiff cleaning fee if you violate this, is due to the unmistakable smoke smell that is left behind. If my fish cleaning leaves no signs whatsoever that it ever happened, I have not done anything to harm the establishment, and therefore I do not feel like I am doing anything wrong.

--- End quote ---

i never read  that i  couldn't  milk a cow in my room  or  park my motorcycle inside  during the rain  ....... so i guess its ok huh?

WARRIOR_ON_ICE:

--- Quote from: trapper2000 on Dec 07, 2022, 05:51 PM ---i never read  that i  couldn't  milk a cow in my room  or  park my motorcycle inside  during the rain  ....... so i guess its ok huh?

--- End quote ---

Yes, those activities should be OK, but if you are not careful and your cow poops on the carpet, or your motorcycle leaks oil and leaves a big oil stain on the carpet then you may get hit with a room cleaning fee   ;D ::)

trapper2000:
naaa it's  not right   no matter what and i know that....see  when i rent a  room  i feel i have  been intrusted to  act  as a gentleman and  respect  the  mans property and  wishes  ice is  right   you should  be man  enough to ask ......this is  a  moral issue  not  just  how  clean you are .......you  drop a  bucket of  fish guts on a  carpet and that  room  might  not  be  able to be rented  for  days  not to mention  the  cleaning  ...the fees  mean  nothing what if  the  man can't get  someone to clean it????  thats   messing with  a  mans  property  and  peoples  living ..... all over a  fish?  i  ain't going to  do that  throw  em in the cooler with ice  i fished all  day i want a  hot shower  cold  beer  and  the tv on  ;D

Iceman1899:

--- Quote from: 62&done on Dec 07, 2022, 03:35 PM ---I don't scale anything - too much work - too much mess - Fillet it off and it's gone.  Don't care a whole lot for the skin anyway. As for the motel room,  well I did it once on the Maryland shore with some Drum in the bathtub.   I felt guilty as hell and never did that again.  I guess if I rent a room I don't want to find a mess, so I won't do anything that I don't want to find for myself. As for home, I do it in the yard over a pair of saw horses in the summer. Winter time it is done in the garage with the wood stove working.  I have a seasonal water supply and sink out there that works for me.
     This all works if I don't do it on the ice

--- End quote ---
X2. If it’s warm enough it’s done outside.. if not I do it in the garage on an old countertop next to the wood stove and refrigerator full of beer close by. God I can’t wait for good ice!!!!!!! Sick of reading this beaten horse of a thread lol

trapper2000:
why wait  fish the open water  plenty of  panfish  and  eyes  not to  mention  trout  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version