New York > Ice Fishing New York

Livescopes- Garmin

<< < (2/8) > >>

Arkangel:
...I think we're all in agreement here...

I do catch and release much more than I do catch and keep.  The acquisition of my Aqua-Vu has not changed that.

And it's true - that some fish for sustenance and keep everything they catch...while others just want to keep a meal or two and release the rest.

You would just think that people would be responsible about fishing in a small lake or pond and be aware that taking too many fish would be impactful on the population...but there I go using logic again  ;D ::)

...that was my 2 (more) cents...I'm out  ;)

Jake1:
I do agree you still have to catch them, with the vex I can see there may or may not be any fish , maybe I get on them if not punch holes till I do find some, maybe its just a bad day who knows. with this particular group we watched could see 20-30 ft away, yup there they are.. punch a hole directly over them catch and move on. like I said I am jealous to a point, but these units increase the odds for sure, the accuracy was unreal to watch. they had 2 units and made quick work of an acre area. came back two more times in past 3 days to clean up.  Happen to be working from home and recognize them. thanks for the input

stripernut:
You will always have greedy people., but in the end, using a Livescope is like sight fishing on a flat, seeing the fish, casting to the fish, does not mean you catch the fish. I will agree some fish will/are more vulnerable to greedy a$$s and crappy are a good example. I am sure this is the same conversation for each big new thing...

Here is an earlier post I made on this subject;
So, what I am not understanding is if you are fishing a flat in open water and you can see the fish you are casting too, is that cheating, less skilled, or less fun? Because the new electronics are just letting you see where to "cast", just like fishing a sand flat for stripers or a rising trout in a stream, if that is cheating, then I am a cheater... If fishing blind makes it more fun, why don't anglers do it blindfolded? Yes I can fish blind and do well, but I don't need to, so I don't. If you don't want to look at a screen, I can understand that, but the good news is you don't have to. Each time a new tech comes along, someone will say it is cheating or not fair, but fishing is about having fun (maybe with some fillets included) and each of us finds a different part of fishing to be the most fun. For some, it is the social aspect, or the getting away from others, for me it is that moment of the bite, that tug with its endless possibility. Electronics help in saving time and can make it even more fun (as said, tough to beat a hot laker bite on a good sounder for excitement). If the tech starts catching fish for you, then I will be right beside you, saying that not really fishing... Until then it is still plenty sporting...

This reminds me of how often you hear people say "Kids Today" and then go on about the demise of Western Civilization, because of those very kids... You know who else spent a lot of time thinking that the "kids Today" will be the end of mankind; Socrates, that Greek philosopher that was born in 470 BC, and yet we are still here...

Subway4X4:
I’ve had Livescope for 3 years now. I still can’t catch fish.

My buddies don’t have Livescope, and they always out fish me. 

Pequod1:
$3000 is a lot of money for a 2-2 1/2 month ice season unless you intend to use it in a boat.   I have seen it not work well out of boats fishing Erie. I imagine if I was a lot younger and richer, I might  try it though. I do agree, you can do a number on the fish population of a small lake with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version