Vermont > Ice Fishing Vermont

White Perch

(1/20) > >>

mudchuck:
Some of you know I do a fish fry every year as an appriciation thing for all our workers that are doing their jobs outdoors in the cold after ice season ends with sketchy ice but before Mem. Day wkd., for the past 6-7 yrs now (minus the lockdown yr of course)
I have a self imposed goal of 20# boneless-skinless white perch fillets for the fry, and typically I'm catching a bucket or more of them by this time almost daily, but haven't found them at all in the places they're usually found this time of year.
I'm skunked so far and the yellow perch crop is less than stellar...so many dinks!

Looking for them, haven't found them yet up around in the inland sea yet, any info to share on where they're at would be really nice.
If they're down south, please share as I'm willing to travel to get on them.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions on where to locate them.

Light liner:
Last year they were in the normal areas but the ice didn’t hold up.
I saw pictures of people with boats just days after the ice was out hammering them. Maybe this year the ice will hold up.
It was almost 80 degrees last march a few days.

mudchuck:

--- Quote from: Light liner on Feb 11, 2022, 05:53 AM ---Last year they were in the normal areas but the ice didn’t hold up.
I saw pictures of people with boats just days after the ice was out hammering them. Maybe this year the ice will hold up.
It was almost 80 degrees last march a few days.

--- End quote ---

I'm aware of last year, as I participated in the removal of many of them before the ice got too punky.
Really want to focus on now and where to start hole hopping to get on them.
They're NOT up at Hathaway (yet), I know of some caught around VE, but that was weeks ago.

bootstrap:
i havent caught one down this way, havent tried either. the yellows have been almost nonexistent too.

champlain 802:
I fished off killkare this morning about 30 feet of water and picked uo some on my marcum cam but didn't hit my Bibbit
I was using just a regular glow with a red slash on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version