Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Shack Tips

Clam hub loose

(1/3) > >>

JDH46151:
I just bought a used hub style Clam shelter and one of the sides pops back in way easier than the other sides.  Is there a way to "tighten" it back up?  Its a JM 5000.  Not sure what year.  Can I just tighten the nut on the inside?  The guy said he was selling it due to wanting a different door style.  Sounds like he tripped a few times coming out of it, as the loose side is one with a door.

hardwater diehard:
Are any of the poles damaged? What diameter are the poles ..the thinner ones ..like in hunting blinds can become weak and or damaged over time .

JDH46151:

--- Quote from: hardwater diehard on Dec 02, 2021, 10:52 AM ---Are any of the poles damaged? What diameter are the poles ..the thinner ones ..like in hunting blinds can become weak and or damaged over time .

--- End quote ---

The poles don't appear to be damaged.  From what I gleaned online they are 11mm.

hardwater diehard:
You could try and give the hub a look at ..if you are handy tighten the hub..or take it apart .

https://shop.clamoutdoors.com/hub-pole-replacement-kit.html#163=

JDH46151:
I'll take a look at it.  I literally just picked it up last night.  I've not taken one apart before but I don't imagine there's anything in there I can't get back together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version