Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Jigging

Knot useage

(1/1)

maddogg:
When jigging for panfish with tungsten jigs which knot do you prefer to use. A loop knot or a knot that is tight to the jig.

appleye:
I use both. I usually start with a loop knot and if the fish on graph flare away I assume it's too much movement then got to a clinch knot to make less movement of the jig. I normally have a rod with one of each.

DR.SPECKLER:
I use the loop knot alot these days.i got sick of repositioning a horizontal jig using the clinch knot.the surgeon loop or rapala knot has better jig action and fiskas or amped jigs balance perfectly.

Rebelss:
I've always used the Rapala knot with little issue.....

fishinpwk:

This knot works, used it before.

My favorite is the uni-knot for a loop. Cinch down to hook eye, but don't tighten it. Pull the tag end instead to finish. Creates a loop or size a  predetermined loop and tighten from there. Works great.

Depending on line size and material (mono, flouro, etc) knot will slip and cinch at hook eye or stay locked.

Fished with a guide using heavy p-line leader and a three turn uni-knot with small loop at jig eye. Knot didn't budge after landing multipe big lakers that day. Biggest being a 31 lber.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version