Iowa > Ice Fishing Iowa

Okoboji baitshops

(1/7) > >>

Mr.Seaguar:
There are no baitshops that clean fish at the lakes anymore. Kabeles became an ammo dealer, Stan's decided not to and Shucks got run into the ground. I guess there is a lady who does it behind Casey's in Spirit lake. I'm glad I got to use that service while it lasted. The fishing went to heck and the baitshops followed. I shouldn't be surprised, I guess.

Anyone know why that Travis is never at Stan's anymore and someone else does the fishing report? My buddy asked me and I didn't know, I've been in there one time since March.

Fish Butcher:
A Wahpeton resident told me he gets his fish cleaned at Oak Hill Outdoor.

Buckshots:

--- Quote from: Mr.Seaguar on Oct 23, 2021, 05:29 AM ---There are no baitshops that clean fish at the lakes anymore. Kabeles became an ammo dealer, Stan's decided not to and Shucks got run into the ground. I guess there is a lady who does it behind Casey's in Spirit lake. I'm glad I got to use that service while it lasted. The fishing went to heck and the baitshops followed. I shouldn't be surprised, I guess.

Anyone know why that Travis is never at Stan's anymore and someone else does the fishing report? My buddy asked me and I didn't know, I've been in there one time since March.

--- End quote ---
Travis got fired. He never owned the baitshop, his dad does. I enjoyed Travis but many did not. He got into it with his dad and he fired him. I do believe OakHill Outdoors cleans fish. That whole baitshop is filled with former Stans employees. They all left Travis a long time ago.

Buckshots:
Whole thing is just a big mess. I still prefer Stans though.

Mr.Seaguar:
Thanks for the info fellas. Sad what has transpired in 10 years but I guess that is frequently the case in life.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version