Author Topic: NOAA 2021 Winter Weather Outlook  (Read 840 times)

Offline manning1987

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: NOAA 2021 Winter Weather Outlook
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2021, 08:34 AM »
Doesn't look good for me in SE Nebraska. I hope it's wrong!

Offline smitty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2021, 08:39 AM »

Well that just ruined my Friday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smitty :tipup:

Offline DBV

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2021, 02:52 PM »
Geez - the above average temps just continue.  When will it end?  Sure hope it is wrong for NE Ohio area.

Offline bogtrotter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2021, 03:51 PM »
The National Weather Service predicted just the opposite (colder and snowier winter) than the NOAA (warmer and dryer winter).

(And, B/W/W, this summer has been an unusually cool and wet one in my own neck of the woods - - the NW corner of MA).

Don'cha just love "science"?

Why cann't the little buggers just admit they have no freakin' clue and leave it at that?

Offline SPIN 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2021, 04:49 PM »
Old timer at my home lake central NH  pointed out the hornet nests are higher in the trees  this year, he says Mother Nature knows more than the weatherman.  Predicting more than avg snow
More than 3 cars in my driveway when I get home ? Probably an intervention! I’m outta there!

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2021, 05:16 PM »
Doesn't look good for me in SE Nebraska. I hope it's wrong!
You think that's bad, look at what ESPN forecasted for a decent football team outlook for your area. That almost literally said that you might ice fish in July before you win a meaningful football game. And I'm only partly making that up.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 22, 2021, 06:03 PM »
NOAA always seems to have a warm bias. Truth is nobody really knows.

Offline Noon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 22, 2021, 11:14 PM »
Old timer at my home lake central NH  pointed out the hornet nests are higher in the trees  this year, he says Mother Nature knows more than the weatherman.  Predicting more than avg snow

Thanks for sharing this. It’s not often to come by this kind of wisdom on the internet.
I just talked to my brother back in NJ and he shared an old timer said since the acorns and hickory nuts were like marbles across the forest floors there is going to be a heavy snow year.  Said it happens roughly every 8 years in that area.
It doesn't sound that appealing to most people I talk to, but going out onto a frozen lake and staring into a hole for the day is my favorite thing to do.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.