Illinois > Ice Fishing Illinois

First outing of 2020/21 season

<< < (2/13) > >>

Arquero3d:
Got the first trip under my belt for the new year!  Managed 21 crappie and 2 perch in 2 hours.  3.5" of ice.

zcm_82:

--- Quote from: Arquero3d on Jan 02, 2021, 06:45 PM ---Got the first trip under my belt for the new year!  Managed 21 crappie and 2 perch in 2 hours.  3.5" of ice.

--- End quote ---

Nice! Only managed a few small bluegills each outing here. Did lose one decent bass at the bottom of the hole yesterday. I wasn't expecting great fishing though. The more productive spots were under thin ice on my ponds. They're all frozen really unevenly right now around here.

Arquero3d:
Gonna try again tomorrow.  Best of luck if you get out!

Arquero3d:
Took the boys (6 & 8) out today.  Caught 19 crappie, 2 perch, and a nice red-ear.  The 6-yr-old ruled the day with his only catch...a 14" crappie!  That's what I get for letting him have my hole and flasher for 2 minutes while I went back across the pond for the ice dipper!

3.5" of ice.

zcm_82:
Did better than me...  I got skunked. The ice was about 4" with soft edges this morning, but the melting snow and slush on top had it down to 3-3.5" by the time I went out around 230pm. I saw several gills through the hole, but just couldn't get them to hit anything I put down at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version