Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Northern Pike

size limits

(1/3) > >>

waterwolfed:
i fish big blue lake frequently and i dislike the way they treat the pike!!!! i saw one guy keep 5 little dinks no bigger than 15 inches and people wonder why there are no big ones.... i think they need to cut the 5 limit down to 2 so at least a few big ones will be in there

twodoggs:
:-[  I would have to agree.  We need to police ourselves,  I sometimes keep a few of the smaller ones.  but I am not out everyday.  I feel that it is the big ones that need to be returned.  they are the breeding stok for the future. :'( well good luck

waterwolfed:
twodoggs...
I AGREEE THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH KEEPING A FEW DECENT SIZED PIKES BUT EVERY TIME IM OUT I SEE THE SAME PEOPLE WITH A LIMIT OF 15" PIKE AND THE LAKE IS NO LONGER FUN TO FISH FOR PIKE CAUSE THERER ALL DINKS!!!!

kenelz:
I agree, I like lake Mitchel's two pike, and 24" min. rule. While we are bi*ching, I was on Houghton over the weekend, lots of fisherman, and the amount of non keepers, espeacialy small perch and gills that were caught and left on the ice were unbeliveable. I did say something to one guy who had a small pile, he said we need to weed out the small ones. I said the pike do a pretty job of that, we need little ones to grow up and be big ones.

rmbillettjr:
I fish the Conn. River between NH and VT and we have a 1 fish, 28" limit.  When I was out on Sunday I caught 4 pike, 19, 26, 27 and 30 and had a lot of fun doing it.  Pike are a trophy fish and should be treated as such.  By the way all fish were photoed and released.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version