Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Equipment

Digital Cameras For Ice Fishing

(1/3) > >>

Ice_Spirit:
Hey there fellow Ice Shanty members, I have a question that I need some help with here.  I would like to purchase a digital camera for taking pictures of my ice fishing trips so I would then be able to put them here in the Ice Shanty.  I've always used my regular film camera for taking pictures of my ice fishing adventures and there for cannot post on the computer, so I feel that I must take another giant leap foward in the world of technology and any info that you all could give me would greatly be appreciated such as brands, price, what I should look for in a camera and maybe even different features to look at.  Thanks to all in advance for any help that you can provide.  Until next time, take care and good luck this season. ;D  

LoneWolf:
Stephen if you have a scanner you can scan the pictures in and then you would be able to spend that money on gear.If you don't have a scanner I would look on the web under digital cameras.You should find alot of usefull info.One thing I do is to keep my camera in a case and place a handwarmer-the kind that lasts 8 hrs-in it.The camera functions much better than when it is cold.          LoneWolf

Iceshanty:
Stephan,
Here is a great site for digital cameras.
http://www.steves-digicams.com
I use an HP 2.1 mega pixel camera for most of the shots you see on the site. I think it was $299 it's three years old so you should be able to get the same quality camera much cheaper now. :'(

-Scott

Bob_D:
I have a HP 318. I think it was replaced by the 320. $150 at Circuit City right now. I think there is free shipping too.

I really like it. Very good quality shots and a decent picture editor.

Mark Barlow:
I usea cheap Poloroid PDC700 , got it last year I love it. Was around 100 bucks and came with software and cables, aslo has enough memory to take like 25 photos. It has  lcd screen so you can preview your pics and delete the ones you dont like making room for more.I use it year round for alll my fishing and I can't say enough good about it. It was well worth the investment. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version