Canada > Ice Fishing Manitoba

Big Buddy Heater keeps turning Off

<< < (3/6) > >>

golden eyes:
sounds like low oxygen level in tent.crack a door open once in awhile to refresh your level,even with those vents in the tent not enough.

Bowkes:

--- Quote from: golden eyes on Dec 17, 2013, 08:57 AM ---sounds like low oxygen level in tent.crack a door open once in awhile to refresh your level,even with those vents in the tent not enough.

--- End quote ---

Second this statement, was having the exact same issue last year, opened the tent quickly every 30 minutes to let some air in an it wouldnt randomly shut off.

30-30:
First, I would make darn sure you have enough fresh air.

I Had a similar situation with an HWT in an RV. Ended up being the propane tank. Had it purged and refilled and it was fine.

Here is a video about the Mr Buddy that may give you some hints as to your issue:

ungulate72:
I was having the same problem - buddy heater had a hard time getting started, then would shut off after ~20 seconds with a "click".  This suggestion of cleaning the "pilot hole" with qtip-alcohol totally worked, and now its running perfect.  Thanks so much for this suggestion!

chilly-willy:
Some times the flame proving devise..  gets sooted up and we all know soot is a insulator to heat..  so the devise shuts off .. basically a flame proofing devise has freon in it basically a bulb that open the gas valve by freon pressure on these units .. the freon heats up with the piolt flame and expands pushing the valve open.. ok? The sooty flame proving devise  would be across from the pilot  orfice were the pilot flame can hit it .. looks like a  little ballon. What you can do is carefully scrape the edge with a pocket knife..  if you use sand paper the glass in the paper some time sticks and melts to the the ballon surface. .  all that is needed is a real light scraping motion with the pocket knife to remove the soot..  really no pressure.. after done restart it see if it works?? This is if the orfice tube is not sooty and the cleaning icetester decribed earlier does not work try the above??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version