Author Topic: frabil 261 combo  (Read 502 times)

Offline sgtski

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fish all four seasons........ice time da best time
frabil 261 combo
« on: Nov 16, 2013, 11:05 AM »
How do u like it or a combo similar to it?  Should i add it to the arsenal?  Pros, cons... Thanks fellas, Later on, mike @)
"You wanna know how I got these scars......." The Joker

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: frabil 261 combo
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2013, 04:07 PM »
I don't know much about the straight line rods but I have 2 buddies one loves his and the other got rid of his but me personally for that kind of $ I would buy a st croix premier ice rod and pair it with a pfluger 4410 micro spinning reel I have 4 of the st croix rods and am looking at getting 2 more this year I love them and have pflueger and quantum reels on mine  :)
early mornings,cold north winds,hard ice,good friends and cold high life..FLAG UP!.priceless

Offline sgtski

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fish all four seasons........ice time da best time
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2013, 04:51 PM »
Yeah buddy... got me a st. croix premiere, absolutely love it... also love the pflueger trion reel, very smooth and a good price, use it for my open water perch setup.  I just wanted to get an in line for those super tuff days when every little detail counts.  The more research i do im leaning more towards the eagle claw in line reel and pair it up with a st. croix or maybe a fenwick.  Gonna get my hands on em first tho... Thanx for the feedback, later on mike.  @)
"You wanna know how I got these scars......." The Joker

Offline barrelslime

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2013, 10:10 AM »
I wrote up a review of mine out of the package.  Havent fished it yet but will tell you the rod seems awesome.  The reel I'm a bit skeptical of until I can put it thru the paces. 
Biggest Crappie 17 1/2 "

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.