Author Topic: lake winnipeg chalet beach  (Read 2533 times)

Offline golden eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
lake winnipeg chalet beach
« on: Mar 27, 2011, 09:18 PM »
Well the fat lady sang today for us and my friends.We  started at 7:00 am and caught a fatty 15 mins. in.Thought that it was starting out to be a terrific finally to a weird year of ice fishing.Had a couple more hits then nothing.We decided to move and Bam another fatty   then a couple of smaller eaters and some some misses.Moved again and caught one more eater and decided the hard water season was over at  for us at 5:00 pm.Good luck to all those seniors that do not have to work for the last couple of days.Also those of you with front wheel drive cars stay off the derby entrance.No matter how hard you press on the gas pedal and hear the scraping of metal take note;your car will not over come the ice ridge .Stop the suffering and just walk out from the start.Until next year fisherman and women;Keep your lines tight and your lures wet.

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: lake winnipeg chalet beach
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2011, 09:40 PM »
It was a weird bite today GE. Hard to pull them off the bottom and very few charged in on the attack on the east side as well. Great weather and hope you remembered your sunscreen!

FF
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2011, 08:55 AM »
It was a weird bite today GE. Hard to pull them off the bottom and very few charged in on the attack on the east side as well. Great weather and hope you remembered your sunscreen!

FF
FF just got spoiled on Sat when the wallies were always charging his secret lure. He caught so many that day we went back to the same spot on Sunday. The wallies there all had sore lips and decided to stop charging his secret bait.
I never got to try that lure but found a few other things they liked  ;)
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2011, 06:17 PM »
FF just got spoiled on Sat when the wallies were always charging his secret lure. He caught so many that day we went back to the same spot on Sunday. The wallies there all had sore lips and decided to stop charging his secret bait.
I never got to try that lure but found a few other things they liked  ;)
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Blue put on the finesse clinic on Sunday. I was an obliging spectator ;D

FF
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2011, 07:49 PM »
We also came up for one last Hoorah!  What a nice weekend!  We started Saturday near the mouth and then went on a walk-about.... went all around the south basin fished Matlock, north, then over to Grand beach, down to Balsam and then back to the mouth and finally Matlock.   Prob should have sat still more but we did that on Sunday am.  Sad to see the season end, they have gotten to know me pretty well at the border....crazy yank with the snobear.... 

Offline zeus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2011, 07:59 PM »
You forgot to mention.... How was the fishing????zeus ;) ;) ;)

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2011, 10:54 PM »
Saturday/Sun....Pics say a 1000 words.. a couple of Masters

Offline zeus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2011, 08:31 AM »
Verrry NICE  :clap:. Thanks for the pictures. zeus  ;) ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.