The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Eau Claire roll call  (Read 4903 times)

Offline perchpunk22

• Team IceShanty Regular
Eau Claire roll call
« on: Nov 16, 2009, 02:02 PM »
Hey boys and girls, we did this last year but let's see who is all from the Eau Claire area.  Let's see if we can get a get together going for when we finally have some ICE.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Offline Gambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Eau Claire roll call
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2009, 02:05 PM »
I am from the Eau Claire area  http://pennsylvania.hometownlocator.com/pa/butler/eau-claire.cfm
But I don't think that is what you meant!!   ;D
Take Care and God Bless
Rick

Offline KQ700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2009, 02:31 PM »
Hey boys and girls, we did this last year but let's see who is all from the Eau Claire area.  Let's see if we can get a get together going for when we finally have some ICE.
I'm from the Lake Wissota / Camp Kennwood area. I think that sound's like a good idea :thumbsup: :icefish: :thumbsup:
A Bad Day Fishing Is Better Than A Good Day At Work
Member of FLW & B.A.S.S.

Offline Tainterslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2009, 03:24 PM »
I'm game! I'm especially interested in fishing the lakes over by Eau claire/Chippewa.
Beer, brats, and a sunday packer game!!

Offline stoutbait

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • In ice we trust... sometimes
« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2009, 03:27 PM »
Depending on the day I would be in.
Tight lines and safe fishing.

Offline perchpunk22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2009, 07:38 PM »
Awesome, maybe i'll have to have an "open house" for my new shack my friend and i are building.  we're putting her out on altoona.  it would be a blast to have an ice shanty get together.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2009, 07:49 PM »
If I am working again by time you are having the get together.... I would be game to try a new lake... I need to earn some gas money 1st though!! Keep us posted.... sounds like a blast!!

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #7 on: Nov 16, 2009, 07:55 PM »
Grew up in Eau Claire.  Memorial grad 1986.  Live in MSP now.  More lakes to fish here, so that decided it for me. 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline Tainterslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 16, 2009, 08:50 PM »
Grew up in Eau Claire.  Memorial grad 1986.  Live in MSP now.  More lakes to fish here, so that decided it for me. 
I really want to move to Alaska... huge move though so I might settle for Northeastern WI. Tons of lakes up there

Offline Wicked_1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If it aint worth doin -- It aint worth doin right
« Reply #9 on: Nov 19, 2009, 06:09 PM »
I'm game for a get together in town.  It usually would have to be a Sunday for me to attend.  Also if anyone is out on Altoona this winter stop by my shack and say hi.

Offline gaudetskie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's called Leinenkugels and it means Great Beer!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2009, 07:02 AM »
Yeah, I'm game. I often fish Altoona (look for a white Bucky Builders truck) just let me know the time and date.

By the way holehopper  we've got 10,000 lakes too, only ours 'got fish in 'em!! ;D

If your going to play Russian Roulette, use a gun with a clip and don't go first!

Offline perchpunk22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 26, 2009, 10:56 PM »
Hey Gaud and Wicked, I am putting my shack out on altoona this year.  where is the best spot to put a permy?  Also, i have a gold F150 with black fenders. stop on by it'd be fun to meet some fellow ice shanty  members. when i get my shack done i'll be sure to get pics or atleast describe our shack for you guys to stop on over.

Offline Wicked_1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 2009, 07:02 PM »
Good luck picking a spot for your shack Perchpunk.  I know I am getting away from the crowds with mine, allthough I'm sure I will have company before long.

Offline gaudetskie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Nov 28, 2009, 09:12 AM »
Altoona is a tricky one. Usually I fish off the end of "shanty town" but this year I'm going to be moving up river a little bit. I caught quite a few perch up in the shallow silty part of the lake this last summer, we'll see if their still around. I'm going to be working on patterning them and writing down all my results. (We'll see!?!?)

If your going to play Russian Roulette, use a gun with a clip and don't go first!

Offline perchpunk22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 28, 2009, 10:42 AM »
sounds great keep us posted on how you're doing. thanks for the tips

Offline stinkynathan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 04, 2009, 12:50 AM »
Yo. I'm here in EC too. Moved here in August from South Dakota. I grew up fishing the Missouri (Lake Oahe) in Mobridge. Did a lot of fishing around Yankton, SD, last year, too. Looking forward to finding a place for my 4x8 this winter.

How much of a city are Wissota and Altoona out on the ice?

Offline perchpunk22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 04, 2009, 01:10 PM »
altoona has probably like 2 main cities and a couple of suburbs out there on the ice. 

Offline gaudetskie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 04, 2009, 06:35 PM »
Altoona is a shanty town with a main street running right down the center, It's actually pretty cool!!! I keep hoping to see a Pizza Hut shanty out there or some sort of food joint! ;D

perch., do you know, does Wissota get many perm. shacks? I always fish out by the State Park boat landing, and there's none back there. I'm curious what the rest of the lake looks like during winter.

Offline Wicked_1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 04, 2009, 08:09 PM »
Little lake Wissota has a few shanty towns but the main lake does not because of bad truck travel on the main lake because of iffy ice conditions.  You won't see vehicles on the main lake so people are less likely to take a perm out there.

Offline perchpunk22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 05, 2009, 10:40 PM »
yah like wicked was saying the big lake doesn't get all that great of ice so most people will fish little lake wissota which does have some shanties on it.  for a perm though i prefer to put it out on altoona, better panfishing.

Offline gaudetskie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Dec 05, 2009, 11:28 PM »
Any problems with vandels on altoona? I'm going to build a perm. shanty.

Offline paullo19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 06, 2009, 09:40 AM »
Yup,there are some problems with vandals...I know a few years ago they got into 25+ shacks... >:( I also know of guys who have never had a problem.Make sure you take everything of value out every day,cover your windows and you should be fine. I fish out of a portable...

Offline Ice Dog 67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DCB = Delta Bravo
« Reply #22 on: Dec 08, 2009, 12:30 PM »
Tim from Eau Claire checking in!  Can't wait to hit the ice!  

Offline jackhollio

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 13, 2009, 08:30 AM »
Jackhollio checking in from EC, Fished yesterday, skunked but glad to be out again.
 8) 8) 8)

Offline gaudetskie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Dec 13, 2009, 08:41 AM »
  Where'd you go jack? A buddy and I hit Burnet Island in Cornell. We did ok, in 4 1/2 hrs. we caught maybe 15-20 each, kept about 12.
  If you fish Altoona, watch out for the North Shore Drive landing. I got my 4x4 chevy stuck at the bottom of that awfull thing! I put the boat in there a few times this year, I should have remembered all the holes and ledges!!

Offline slowkota

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Biggest jumbo yellabellies
« Reply #25 on: Dec 18, 2009, 10:51 PM »
Eau Claire here too!!!
Lake Altoona is my main haunt during most of the season (convenience), did awesome last season, got into a great crappie hole, and caught slabs pretty steadily throughout the entire season! Looking forward to more of that this season.
God I love having a job where I get laid-off for the hunting/icefishing seasons!

Offline stinkynathan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Dec 20, 2009, 10:15 PM »
Putting my shack out on Altoona on Monday probably. I'll be putting it down in one of the groups off the county landing since I don't really know the lake. It's a 4x7 fold-up. Blue tarp and unpainted ends. Says Nate M. on the outside. Stop by and say hi if you're out and I'm set up.

Offline KQ700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Dec 20, 2009, 10:59 PM »
I fished Lake Hallie today did pretty good caught 25 Blue Gills in about 2 hours had 6 or 8 that were around 10 inches. Got to try the new Commando and loved it. There was only about 5 inches of ice only 3 of it was good ice, was on Lake Wissota by Camp Kennwood yesterday the ice was about the same.
A Bad Day Fishing Is Better Than A Good Day At Work
Member of FLW & B.A.S.S.

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #28 on: Jan 24, 2010, 04:29 PM »
Let's get this rolling again. Let's set up a get together for a day trip. Feb 21rst? Lake Eau Claire, or someplace where there's quite a few fish and not a 10 fish limit.
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline eyesonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 24, 2010, 06:00 PM »
I live between Rice Lake and Cumberland. If you guys have a get together I would be interested. I would love to try a new lake. :tipup:
FLLLLAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! GOTCHA;

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.