Canada > Ice Fishing Manitoba

Davidson Lake?

<< < (2/2)

Fish Camp 24-7:

--- Quote from: briand on Apr 09, 2009, 01:16 PM ---For Davidson we go to the very end of the road where the ont border starts. ( there are gates there for mine access only )
From that shore right there we go out about a 50 yards to start and fish that shore.
Fishing is never really hot, but you can always scratch a few. Though there has been some much better then average days.
If you have a sled you can get into Houston lake from close to there. Lots of nice lakers but it's in Ontario

--- End quote ---
What would be an average size of laker for Davidson?

HighlandGlen Guide:
Not a great day of catching... managed a small jack, which went back, had a lot of hits probably around a dozen but they werent hitting it hard, would tap once or twice then they would be gone, so sorry no pics, a couple of guys stopped in to chat on there way back from Houston lake, they did quite well in over a 100ft of water. Oh well great last day on the ice, good for a sunburn, looking forward to fishing in a boat, hopefully the ice will be off on our favorite lakes but i doubt it, will have to resort to a couple other locations.

master instigator:

--- Quote from: briand on Apr 09, 2009, 01:16 PM ---If you have a sled you can get into Houston lake from close to there. Lots of nice lakers but it's in Ontario

--- End quote ---
I have to put my two cents in about this lake because I feel a great majority and I once was one pronounced this lake name incorrectly.  The lake is not spelt Houston like in the city.  It is spelt Huston.  So I call it HUSS TON.  A far majority of people call it Houston, and when I was corrected I checked the map for the spelling and started calling it Huston after that.  Went there on the weekend and spent little time there leaving with one small laker.  I also went to Wilson the next day, which is North East of Davidson and also spent an hour or so on the lake leaving home with one.  I know, "why is he getting all bent out of shape about?" :wacko: it's only a name, but that's just me. :afro:

Dawsman:
A few years late to the party, anyone willing to share information on where the sled trail to Huston lake is?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version