Author Topic: Found Some  (Read 833 times)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Found Some
« on: Aug 28, 2019, 07:15 PM »
A few years ago a friend gave me a few of these Matrix spoons. I finally took them out and gave them a washing behind the boat this summer. I only had one of the large 5"+ ones and caught a ton of trout on it before I lost it due to operator error. :'(
I looked for replacements but was having a hard time locating them as they seem to be discontinued now.
I did manage to locate them and placed an order with SAIL.ca
Just checked and there are none of the colours I bought left.
Good thing I bought a ton of them. :)

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: Found Some
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2019, 10:44 PM »
Once in a while Blue Fox has some amazing wonderful lures but they have no life to them and gets discontinued.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2019, 10:00 PM »
Once in a while Blue Fox has some amazing wonderful lures but they have no life to them and gets discontinued.

It sucks as these are very well made and the finish on them is excellent.
I caught over 100 lakers on the lure I had and there weren't even any scratches in the finish.
Luckily I have 10 more of the one I lost so I should be good for a bit.  :thumbsup:

Offline gorf37

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2019, 10:37 PM »
I have one and have had more luck trolling for pike than lakers on it.  I think it's the lightness relative the size that allows it to troll really slow which I find is often the ticket for midday pike.

Really been enjoying the Blue Fox Strobe, I have a 3.5" one in silver blue stripe, and I like the trolling action, cast performance (nice weight to size), and it jigs well.

Nice that Blue Fox provides legit single hooks with each lure too.  Summer fishing I don't find much use for trebles, except on plugs where I feel like switching to singles messes with the action.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.