Author Topic: X200 sleeper  (Read 6435 times)

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
Re: X200 sleeper
« Reply #30 on: Oct 14, 2018, 09:12 AM »
Thanks guys, I have sent an email to the manager of the LasVegas store manager to see what we can do . Sent Friday so I don’t expect an answer until the first of next week. Matt I will look into that X400 and see what is available.
Joe what surgery did you have? Hope your doing better .  On another note I am going to put my Humminbird Ice 45 up on the for sale thread unless someone local would like it. If so PM me and we can make a deal.
How many days to go now Matt?

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Oct 14, 2018, 11:47 AM »
Thanks guys, I have sent an email to the manager of the LasVegas store manager to see what we can do . Sent Friday so I don’t expect an answer until the first of next week. Matt I will look into that X400 and see what is available.
Joe what surgery did you have? Hope your doing better .  On another note I am going to put my Humminbird Ice 45 up on the for sale thread unless someone local would like it. If so PM me and we can make a deal.
How many days to go now Matt?
Total left hip is replaced. I have been dealing with severe pain for about 15 years. Finally the stars aligned and I was able to get it taken care of. Already feeling better with zero arthritis pain in that particular joint! Thank you for your thoughts and concerns.  I cannot wait to get on the ice with you guys again! I planned the timing of the surgery so that I should be ready to rock ‘n’ roll when things firm up on the lakes.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #32 on: Oct 14, 2018, 08:09 PM »
Good to hear it's getting better joe, you know the ice is forming in the uintahs right now. I think there might be some walking on it real soon
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Oct 14, 2018, 09:40 PM »
Thanks Matt. Keep me updated on everything. I would imagine that I will be living vicariously through Ice Shanty and YouTube videos for the next little while.

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Oct 15, 2018, 03:09 PM »
Hey Joe best of luck on the recovery.... That's pretty amazing they got ya all put back together and you're feeling better all ready that's a big operation, glad it's going well.... Hope the rehabilitation isn't too tough on ya... My knee set me back a while, but it's almost as strong as my good knee and I have a hard time remembering which one was worked on now... Hope you're up and going when you want to be... Later J

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Oct 15, 2018, 04:07 PM »
Hey Joe best of luck on the recovery.... That's pretty amazing they got ya all put back together and you're feeling better all ready that's a big operation, glad it's going well.... Hope the rehabilitation isn't too tough on ya... My knee set me back a while, but it's almost as strong as my good knee and I have a hard time remembering which one was worked on now... Hope you're up and going when you want to be... Later J
Thanks for that. It is quite an operation with a lot of swelling and bruising. Modern medicine is pretty amazing though. I’ve heard that knees actually hurt worse than hips. Sorry to rob your thread Matt! Appreciate you guys. If you can imagine, I am sitting on the couch going nuts right now .

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Oct 15, 2018, 06:18 PM »
Thanks for that. It is quite an operation with a lot of swelling and bruising. Modern medicine is pretty amazing though. I’ve heard that knees actually hurt worse than hips. Sorry to rob your thread Matt! Appreciate you guys. If you can imagine, I am sitting on the couch going nuts right now .

Somehow, sitting doesn't sound like any fun after that...

Get better, Joe.  Remember, doubting the doctor's directions has been deemed dangerous.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #37 on: Oct 16, 2018, 10:57 AM »

Not a prob Joe, any talk on here is more than welcome & no its hard for me to imagine you just sitting on your but. Keep at it so it all heals up good
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #38 on: Nov 02, 2018, 07:55 AM »
Got a couple things done last night while watching the game after staring at my hitch & foam matting for a couple weeks now. While I was at it I also decided to figure out how I wanted the top deck kickstand bar to go in. I was just winging it with this one, but am very happy with how it turned out. I was able to repurpose an old homemade tow bar I broke at cascade last year. 1st to go on was the clam pro hitch and what was nice was when they made the tub there was indented holes already alighned for this tow bar for easy drilling. I would recommend drilling one side of the holes 1st, installing the bolts put the backing bracket on then drilling the other 2 holes from the inside out. My precasted holes were just a little off but will not effect anything

Then went in the foam matting, utilizing the tow bar hardware to hold it up on one side

Then the kick stand for the top deck, very simple set up here. Just drilled a series of small holes along the edge where I planned to stick the flattened end of the old tow bar in. On the deck side the longer bracket the pipe is bolted to provides left to right support to keep the bar staight while in the stowed position along with a modified hanger bolt screwed into the deck for supporting it also. Should keep it in place while traveling

Next comes the seat mounts which will hopefully be done this weekend sometime
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Nov 02, 2018, 09:39 AM »
That looks really great! Lots of good ideas there for sure. I like the kickstand idea especially. Now you can give your wife back the mop. ;D

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #40 on: Nov 02, 2018, 12:41 PM »
Thanks Joe, I'm very happy with how the kickstand thing turned out for playing it by ear. And yes that mop will be in her hands tonight. LOL now you can probably guess where she'll tell me to put it  :blink: :blink: but really its my car wash brush
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Nov 02, 2018, 05:54 PM »
Whatever you do, NEVER ask a woman how many miles per gallon she gets on her broom.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #42 on: Nov 03, 2018, 09:16 AM »
Whatever you do, NEVER ask a woman how many miles per gallon she gets on her broom.

😂😂

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #43 on: Nov 03, 2018, 09:20 AM »

Ok so I put some Insulation now all I need to do is put tow bars on my sled and I am ready

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Nov 03, 2018, 03:45 PM »
That looks like it should be roasty toasty! Nice job.

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Nov 20, 2018, 12:29 PM »
The mobile sleeper projects look so nice.  But I am 6'5" and none of the sleds are as long as I am tall.  How tall are you guys that use these things?  I know prospector Joe fits fine.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Nov 20, 2018, 12:44 PM »
How heavy was the foam matting?

Did it come in a roll or in tiles?

Do you have a link for it?

Thanks
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #47 on: Nov 20, 2018, 01:18 PM »
The mobile sleeper projects look so nice.  But I am 6'5" and none of the sleds are as long as I am tall.  How tall are you guys that use these thing?  I know prospector Joe fits fine.

Im 6ft (72in) and my sled deck is 74in so its a bit tight but I'll fit. Only plan on maybe 3 nights at most on it, for sure 2. The deck on the otters are 84in & the deck on the X300 is 86in so there is options but the price is up there unless you can get a deal on one

How heavy was the foam matting?

Did it come in a roll or in tiles?

Do you have a link for it?

Thanks

The whole roll of that mat weighs under 2lbs and it does come in a roll, I bought the 30sqft roll. This is the one that I purchased and cut to fit. I did get it out of the warehouse so I only paid $17. If you keep an eye on it I'm sure another one will pop up. I missed one and 2 weeks later another showed up and I didnt hesitate that time

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B4A93T8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Nov 20, 2018, 01:21 PM »
It looks like the perfect solution to prevent the bolts securing the Hyfax from catching line or inflicting damage to anything.

I have the Clam X300 and it looks like it will fit perfectly.

Thanks!
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #49 on: Nov 21, 2018, 07:55 AM »
It looks like the perfect solution to prevent the bolts securing the Hyfax from catching line or inflicting damage to anything.

I have the Clam X300 and it looks like it will fit perfectly.

Thanks!

No problem, I think you'll be happy with it in your X300 and yes it does protect everything from the hyfax screws. Pretty much why I put it in & things wont slide around so easily. Well I did get the sled finished up for our show & tell trip coming up on the 29th. Got the seat bases all mounted up

And the electical finished. I wired this so I can run it off my 4-12v LSA batteries that I have left over since going to lithium for the LX7 or plug the cig lighter into a jump box. Should be good for multi use

I am going to change this deck next season and make my door smaller and widen up the sides. It can be a bit tight when lifting the door up and then having to pull the tent out of the way when closing it back up. No biggie more to tinker with next fall
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Nov 21, 2018, 08:45 AM »
Love it Matt!

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Nov 21, 2018, 03:07 PM »
Looks great Matt. I like the cig lighter option for power in addition to the blade connectors. 
When we all hit the Gorge this year, we'll have to send out an all points broadcast to ice fishermen to come by and check out all the new sleeper mods we'll have there in one place. We have enough of us with new configurations this year that we could line them all up and charge admission.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #52 on: Nov 21, 2018, 10:33 PM »
Looks nice Matt! Thanks for letting me know about those boat seat mounts. However I had to remove the spring so the seat wouldn’t set to high with my Deck lift. Going to love it ! Solved the closing problem, no more hang-ups.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #53 on: Nov 22, 2018, 12:05 AM »
Love it Matt!

Thx joe

Looks great Matt. I like the cig lighter option for power in addition to the blade connectors. 
When we all hit the Gorge this year, we'll have to send out an all points broadcast to ice fishermen to come by and check out all the new sleeper mods we'll have there in one place. We have enough of us with new configurations this year that we could line them all up and charge admission.

Thx d. It's going to be a good show this season for sure damon. Liking all the builds for sure

Looks nice Matt! Thanks for letting me know about those boat seat mounts. However I had to remove the spring so the seat wouldn’t set to high with my Deck lift. Going to love it ! Solved the closing problem, no more hang-ups.

Hey I thought you liked your seat high, the mounts are great for a machine pulled set-up. As for the sides yes mine are going wider for sure.  Can't wait to see your set up
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Nov 24, 2018, 11:39 AM »
Matt,

My foam mat arrived today from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B4A93T8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Your foam mat idea is fabulous! I can't believe that it is so light, weighs next to nothing.

The perfect addition to my Clam X300.

Thank you for the great idea.

Gunflint
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #55 on: Nov 24, 2018, 10:23 PM »
Happy it worked out for you Gf, I really like the end result to
     Wyoming & Idaho