Author Topic: Febuary 23 it is  (Read 603 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Febuary 23 it is
« on: Jan 03, 2013, 11:16 PM »
Looks like the 23rd it is. Thanks to all that voted, now we just need to decide on a meeting spot. If the snow doesnt get to deep by then i would say port ramp. Any other suggestions? Area to fish? im hoping to have some good spots dialed in by that time, hopefully  ???
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
Re: Febuary 23 it is
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2013, 08:44 AM »
The only problem I see with staging out of the Port Ramp is the fact that it is NOT plowed at all.  So if we get an abundant snow fall between now and Feb 23, getting into the parking lot area can be a problem.  Cemetery Point, on the other hand, is plowed all winter long.  Access for wheelers and power sleds is down the south side and then west to get around the point and into the better fishing areas on the north side.  Foot traffic can go down the north side of Cemetery Point and it will be a shorter distance to the main fishing areas than from the Port Ramp.

I use a power sled as does K2 so we can do either if snow conditions will allow us to get into the Port Ramp, otherwise it will have to be Cemetery Point.

Also, for this GTG I’d be willing to ferry walking folks to and from the parking area to the main fishing area.  Two way (FSR) radios would come in handy for this and I have a set.  We can decide on a channel between now and then.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2013, 03:50 PM »
sound got i am game on eather side

Offline sundance kid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2013, 04:49 PM »
i am a pedestrian so a shorter distance is good unlees we get the taxi sevice .  Thanks for the Offer
Dubob  , i plan on coming see you then
as always ENJOY!!!!!!!
Slc  Sundance Kid

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2013, 10:52 PM »
Im willing to taxi with mysled as well, was so nice to have it out on the hard deck today. Hit -27 today at one point

Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.