Author Topic: Bantam Ice  (Read 5940 times)

Offline Bigcountry360

• IceShanty Rookie
Bantam Ice
« on: Dec 27, 2017, 11:16 AM »
Anyone have an update on the ice on bantam? Looking to possibly go this weekend

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Bantam Ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2017, 04:53 PM »
Had fishable ice at the ramp in Middlefield. I would inmagine south cove would be locked up at least.

Offline Bigcountry360

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2017, 06:46 AM »
Thanks Curley. I'm heading up today to check it out.

Offline couragedog

• IceShanty Rookie
  • man vs cold and I'm fishin
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2017, 06:47 AM »
looks like I might be there on Tuesday...or Wednesday...Both?
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion,
butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance
accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give
orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem,
pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently,
die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.'
- Robert  Heinlein

Offline cticehunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2018, 08:04 PM »
I'm thinking about hitting up bantum this weekend. Anyone having any luck? Is it totally locked up yet?

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fishon and often. Leave no trace.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2018, 05:39 AM »
Have not been on it myself, but people have been on it.
If you can't play nice, get off the ice!

Offline onepin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2018, 07:23 AM »
South Shore is all locked up not sure about north side. 8 inches south side

Offline Schug

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2018, 01:46 PM »
Any reports on how bantam went? How’s the pike fishing what bay they hitting from I found this vid online of kids pulling pike through the ice just a couple days ago

Offline Schug

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2018, 07:37 PM »
Thinking about bantam should i worry about parking in other towns beach parking areas do you think i'll get towed? Such as litchfield or morris boat launches or beaches.

Offline westfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2018, 09:10 PM »
nice video

Offline roofman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 07, 2018, 05:47 PM »
Fished North Cove today with my daughter and a friend.Seven flags 2 small pike.The big one got away at the hole.Nice day to be out.Ice is around7-9" depending on the spot.People with the snowmobiles were driving between my tipups as if the lake is not big enough.

Offline Markfish7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2018, 10:23 PM »
I guess my last post was removed  about the snowmobile guys running over people's tip ups.. mine😠 yeah that's gonna never happen again got sled full of rocks for people with no respect.. try and have fun and someone always seems to ruin it.. no flags other than the ones they ran over.. I  think I'll just go fishing at the boat launch next time and try and catch them and get my new tip up they broke at there expense.. cash/tooth/ kneecap.. all of the above.. haven't decided yet

Offline Schug

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing
« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2018, 01:32 PM »
I guess my last post was removed  about the snowmobile guys running over people's tip ups.. mine😠 yeah that's gonna never happen again got sled full of rocks for people with no respect.. try and have fun and someone always seems to ruin it.. no flags other than the ones they ran over.. I  think I'll just go fishing at the boat launch next time and try and catch them and get my new tip up they broke at there expense.. cash/tooth/ kneecap.. all of the above.. haven't decided yet

That post was hilarious. But I understand but hear this those people that ran over your tip up were out just trying to have fun. Though your mad stuff happens. That being said this is all on if the person apologized if not that’s mean af

Offline roofman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2018, 02:53 PM »
Yeah fun.How about our fun.Isn't the lake enough for all.You see a guy standing there ,doesn't it cross your mind that he is fishing and he has tipups?

Offline Schug

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing
« Reply #14 on: Jan 09, 2018, 05:12 PM »
Yeah fun.How about our fun.Isn't the lake enough for all.You see a guy standing there ,doesn't it cross your mind that he is fishing and he has tipups?

You never were messing around with something and broke something of somebodys like moms lamp with a football? Come on its annoying but this dude is talking about cracking kneecaps.

Offline Global Warming in CT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 09, 2018, 08:22 PM »
Not to be devil's advocate, but if I broke mom's lamp, I'd replace it (she would've made me). The snowmobile guys should've thrown the dude some cash to replace his gear if they knew they ran it over. No?

Offline Markfish7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 09, 2018, 11:13 PM »
It was visible.. I want my money.. I'm not rich and I don't care if they were having fun.. they are trying to run the fishermen off the lake.. sounds to me like you are in there side.. get a sled and hit my tip  up for fun and see what happens.. my momma would have eloped my you know what.. it's respect.. that goes a long way in America

Offline Markfish7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 09, 2018, 11:21 PM »
Hey shug I'll be off Litchfield launch Saturday.. I'll smash all your tip ups 5 minutes after you put them out and see if you think there just having fun.. I work for a living and it's probably some spoiled little rich kid that lives on the lake.. his teeth will be on my new necklace when I catch him.hahaha  I'm about fun but ignorance isn't part of my vocabulary

Offline Markfish7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 09, 2018, 11:27 PM »
Roofman .... I'm a roofer.. I love to fish and when I get out I want to have fun but ignorance isn't part of fishing.. I'm not a little pansie and I don't tolerate jerks running over my hard earned money.. any problems come see me and my girl in the blue clam.. we need to stick together  and run the yuppies off the lake

Offline fishville

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 09, 2018, 11:33 PM »
There is no reason for snowmobiles to be racing around on the ice this year. Ct has trails for them to ride. If I saw them being jerk I would have been in phone to DEEP, a popular place like Bantam an officer was likely only minutes away.
Sometimes it feels like I live in a Pat McManus story!

Offline Markfish7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 09, 2018, 11:38 PM »

Offline Markfish7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 09, 2018, 11:41 PM »
Is it legal for them to be out on there snowmobiles?I don't want to get them in trouble but want them to respect fishermen

Offline Markfish7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 09, 2018, 11:44 PM »
Is it legal for them to be out on there snowmobiles?I don't want to get them in trouble but want them to respect fishermen

Offline Schug

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing
« Reply #23 on: Jan 10, 2018, 05:57 AM »
Not to be devil's advocate, but if I broke mom's lamp, I'd replace it (she would've made me). The snowmobile guys should've thrown the dude some cash to replace his gear if they knew they ran it over. No?

That’s the big question did they apologize or no. Did they guy just shoo them away after what’s the deal? And I’m sorry I think snowmobiles are fine it’s not the biggest deal ever. And notice how you said mom would have made you instead of you saying you would just replace it to be nice. Calling he deep is a little ridiculous that last you thing you want there is them blowing up the spot. Yea of course they should replace. Did they just run after? Not much info and there is a lot of bias here for ice fisherman.

Offline roofman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 10, 2018, 06:11 AM »
I do not support nor instigate to take violent action.All that i am saying is that Bantam is huge and there are only certain areas that are fished.The snowmobile people have plenty space to enjoy their hobby.And of course let me enjoy mine.

Offline egriffin70

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ed
« Reply #25 on: Jan 10, 2018, 08:38 PM »
There is no reason for snowmobiles to be racing around on the ice this year. Ct has trails for them to ride. If I saw them being jerk I would have been in phone to DEEP, a popular place like Bantam an officer was likely only minutes away.

Most community lakes with homes around it have quads and snowmobiles enjoying the winter ice .   You should see Candlewood...   

Offline Schug

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing
« Reply #26 on: Jan 10, 2018, 08:47 PM »
I think markfish7 needs to relax and have a beer or not have a beer what ever works. SMH and you know what good he ran em over your just freaking people out with your rhetoric. Please stop with the threatening banter

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 11, 2018, 03:50 AM »
Should have called Dep happens alot up north

Offline Markfish7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 11, 2018, 07:20 AM »
No apology.. ran like a little you know what.. then never saw them again after I threw my arms up.. guess deep can deal with them next time.. maybe people should grow a set instead of letting them run them out of there fishing hole.. I fish the ocean from shore a lot too and I don't even go anymore.. trumps wall definitely needs to start being built especially when you get run out by 10 guys fishing for porgy with 2 liter soda bottles.. they can't a Ford a fishing pole let alone a licence

Offline ESOX FIX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 11, 2018, 07:37 AM »
all of the above is why i no longer enjoy bantam.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.